News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Twining Valley GC, Upper Dublin, PA UPDATE Lease Terminated!
« on: December 27, 2014, 05:29:40 PM »

Planning Commission will study:

Nationally, people are playing golf less, it is an undersized course and there is a lot of competition in the area, Dureka said. The positives of the current use are that it serves as an entry level course, can offer a quick round of golf and is not crowded.

Among possible alternative uses are: storm water storage basins; passive recreational uses; standalone library; standalone ambulance station; parks equipment storage; an executive 9-hole course; chip and putt course; middle school or elementary school; larger dog park; disc golf; subscription farming; and other revenue generating agreements with outside entities.

Some housing with other uses on the tract, which is estimated at 105 to 118 acres, is not out of the question, Dureka said, though part of the land that was purchased through a grant cannot be developed.

http://montgomerynews.com/articles/2014/12/18/ambler_gazette/news/doc54930a6a59b74974174418.txt
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 04:21:29 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Joe Bausch

Re: Twining Valley GC, Upper Dublin, PA future in doubt?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 05:43:03 PM »
Lotsa people still play here:

http://www.myphillygolf.com/uploads/bausch/UpperDublin/index.html

Probably no GCA event anytime soon, but it is a place to play.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 07:52:37 PM by Joe Bausch »
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 07:16:01 PM »
This is terrible news, I had my first par there and an occasional birdie also. A lot of Roslyn kids cut their teeth on this track. This is so sad.
Honestly as a course it has it's warts and pimples, but a housing development? Go develop St. John's , that was empty last week..
They paved paradise and put up an apartment parking lot. The humanity!!
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Brian Colbert

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 11:06:47 PM »
The Reillys remain close to the Villanova Golf Program - Will was the head coach for two of my four years there. I've spent a lot of time at Twining Valley - I used to bring dates there to teach them how to play. While the course is utterly forgettable, the Reillys are fanatical supporters of junior golf and host several different camps there in the summers. I used to teach at the Kids on the Hill camp which was aimed at bringing kids from troubled neighborhoods in the city off the streets and onto the course.

It would be a shame for junior golf in Philadelphia to lose that facility.

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Twining Valley GC, Upper Dublin, PA future in doubt? UPDATE
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 10:49:58 AM »
Lease not renewed for Upper Dublin Golf & Fitness Club

UPPER DUBLIN — The days are numbered for the Upper Dublin Golf & Fitness Club.The board of commissioners unanimously approved a motion Nov. 13 not to renew the township’s lease with Links Management, which oversees the site. That lease, which had been in place since 1981, was set to expire on Nov. 30, 2019.We’re done,” said board President Ira Tackel just prior to the board’s decision. “We’re done with 38 years of golf there. It’s served the township residents to some degree but only a very small portion of the township  residents.”

http://www.montgomerynews.com/amblergazette/news/lease-not-renewed-for-upper-dublin-golf-fitness-club/article_4b57be7e-ea7d-11e8-91b6-87ce7c7475b3.html
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 02:35:19 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 09:47:02 AM »
Lease not renewed for Upper Dublin Golf & Fitness Club

UPPER DUBLIN — The days are numbered for the Upper Dublin Golf & Fitness Club.The board of commissioners unanimously approved a motion Nov. 13 not to renew the township’s lease with Links Management, which oversees the site. That lease, which had been in place since 1981, was set to expire on Nov. 30, 2019.We’re done,” said board President Ira Tackel just prior to the board’s decision. “We’re done with 38 years of golf there. It’s served the township residents to some degree but only a very small portion of the township  residents.”

http://www.montgomerynews.com/amblergazette/news/lease-not-renewed-for-upper-dublin-golf-fitness-club/article_4b57be7e-ea7d-11e8-91b6-87ce7c7475b3.html

anyone up for a closing round next summer?

Matt Frey, PGA

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »
anyone up for a closing round next summer?

Ed: I'd be up for it...Twining Valley was the first course I played after we moved to the Philadelphia area.

Ed Brzezowski

Re: Twining Valley GC, Upper Dublin, PA UPDATE Lease Terminated!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 03:15:19 PM »
ok Matt    lets do it.

Bob Harris

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 06:26:37 PM »
Ed,
How about a Twining/LuLu 36?  It’s a 3 minute ride from Twining to LuLu.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 06:34:05 PM »
And here I thought Twining had been closed for years.

May need a go-round of the old girl. She had some good stuff. Also a death-defying cart ride on Hole 15.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 11:33:06 AM »
I may be in the area in mid- May and would  be glad to revisit  Twining Valley and/or LuLu if this event can take place then.

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 01:08:37 PM »
Ed,
How about a Twining/LuLu 36?  It’s a 3 minute ride from Twining to LuLu.

I like that Bob, how about after GAP match season I post something here and we get the ball rolling.

Lulu should be open for lunch by then.

ed

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back