News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Which is your favorite par 5 on the Open Rota with OB?
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 11:34:07 AM »
What a great question.   Usually OB is something folks HATE yet there is clearly some regard for it with Par 5's.   I'm not sure why that is, but I like it.
I'm partial to 9 at Muirfield, especially with the minefield of bunkers awaiting the cautious play to the right.

Mike,

Interesting thoughts.  OB does seem to be a scourge, especially on new courses this side of the pond....yet wholly embraced on old-timey GB&I courses...TOC being the poster child...

MCirba

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 11:36:40 AM »
Kalen,
I think it may be as simple that folks tend to appreciate their ball flying OB over an old stone wall, or across railroad tracks, or bounding down a narrow street, or off the side of an old red brick house than a row of condos.  ;)
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

James Brown

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2018, 01:15:43 PM »
14 at RSG for me. It's right there on the tee shot and the closer you get to it, the easier your next shot is. Then, if it's into the wind and getting up isn't an option, it's right there on the lay up. If you play safe, then you have a virtually impossible approach with the OOB right behind the green. If you go for it in two, it's just to the right of the green and if you pull it, you have to chip it over the bunkers onto a green that runs away from you with, you guessed it, OOB just over the other side. It is omnipresent and messes with you on every shot.

+1!

The OB on 14 at RSG is more impactful than the others because it impacts you all the way to the green. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back