News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Pearce

Re: Goswick Get Together - 21st January?
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2017, 04:48:52 PM »
There's no doubt in my mind that the best holes are to be found at Brancepeth.  That said, it isn't links and could be wet in March and it's a good 90 minutes from Goswick.  Bamburgh is absolutely beautiful.  On a sunny day it's up there with CPC and NSW and I am not exaggerating.  That said, it isn't, for the most part, great golf, though it's decent fun.  I don't like Foxton.  Dunstanburgh is fun but it's a while since I've been there.  Seahouses isn't worth a stop.

I haven't played Warkworth or Alnmouth Village.  If you could get a deal at Scott MacPherson's Close House Colt it's well worth a visit.  If you're up and have a space in your crew, let me know.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Sean_A

Re: Goswick Get Together - 21st January?
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2017, 05:11:57 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  As it turns out, we plan to play Alwoodley on the way to Scotland..because the guy I am traveling with hasn't seen it.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back