News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BShannon

Re: Reynolds Plantation
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 02:39:33 PM »
One more question for those that have played all of the courses.

We are playing 18 at the Landing in the morning on Monday and then hopefully playing Great Waters in the afternoon.  They just have one shotgun start on Great Waters for the whole day but the Pro said we may get to jump in if its not terribly crowded. 

If we can't do Great Waters in the afternoon we are going to loop the Landing twice on Monday.   Then we are playing Cuscowilla on Tuesday morning.   Luckily I had a connection at Cuscowilla because they have apparently turned completely private now.

So my question is.... is the Landing definitely the 3rd best Reynolds course?   Is the National worth a look rather than playing Landing twice(if we can't get on Great Waters?)   

Thanks for the help!  We would play Oconee but its closed on Mondays.

I like National better than Landing (in particular the Bluff and Ridge 9's). If you can't get on GW in the afternoon, then I would play National/Landing instead of doubling up on Landing.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 04:44:51 PM »
Bill McBride
Remind me again which of the holes at Great Waters go back and forth.   I don't recall that at all but it has been a long time since I have played it.  Thanks

Front nine.  We played the back nine first, had a marshal harassing us although there didn't seem to be anybody else on the course (”you're falling behind!"   Me: "Who?") so I was generally not thrilled.  I do recall some straight, parallel, back and forth holes on the first nine which we played second.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2016, 04:57:04 PM »
Just looked at the Great Waters aerial and you're right, not back and forth but maybe somewhat similar.  I guess the back nine had the exciting holes so the front nine was a bit of a letdown when you'd expect things to ramp up a bit.  I did like #9 as the finisher, made a little money there in my match!

Mike Treitler

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 12:13:06 AM »
Turns out National also only has a shotgun start so it looks like its Landing for sure and then hopefully GW. 

Interesting to hear so many different opinions on the courses.

Golfweek has the landing as the number 8 course in Georgia and doesn't even list the National.   

Did you play the Landing after the renovation?   I know they renovated the course in 2013... 

Seems like after Great Waters and Oconee the other courses at Reynolds are interchangeable with Plantation being the lesser of the bunch. 

Mike Treitler

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 04:28:14 PM »
Ended up playing Great Waters and The National because Oconee and Cuscowilla were closed due to frost both days we were scheduled to play them  :-[

Both courses were soaking wet beyond belief but had good firm greens.  Great Waters was definitely the better of the two but the "Bluff" side of The National was pretty great.

It was super cold and windy with soaking wet courses so I shot a million.  Overall though I really enjoyed both layouts. I found the National to be a tad redundant but was very scenic. 

Great Waters will likely jump into the 30-40 range of my top 40 but although I enjoyed the National it won't make the list.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back