News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Moore

Re: Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 09:18:55 AM »
IS this perhaps a course that is largely designed just to look good rather than be good?
A course has to look good before it can be good.
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Anthony Gholz

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 10:00:27 AM »
Thanks to Josh again for starting this thread. I found the P Cup very interesting to watch from both a gca point of view and the urban/ocean setting. 

Niall C hijacked this thread, but before he gets away I'd like to ask who was Jack's "local" designer?  Who came up with the Alison Hirono bunkers and trees (albeit with the fun filled artificial rock walls)?   Jack must have agreed with the "look" right?  But did he have knowledge of Hirono/Kawana at the time or even now?  Or does no one agree with me?  Lot's of questions.

BTW can anyone post a plan of the layout?

Tony

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 12:11:06 PM »
I'm not surprised the players really liked the course because it looks like it has the same attribute as the rest of the JN courses I've played.....very difficult.

P.S.  I'm not a fan of faux rock outcroppings in general, but those ones are some of the best fakes I've seen....

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Anthony Gholz

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »
Thanks Steve.  I should have been able to figure that this club had a website.  I also should have had the plan printed out for watching the PC.  Symmetrical plan possible only when you have control of the entire site at one level.  Still would like a response if anyone knows the design background regarding Alison looking bunkering and trees. Tony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back