News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Duncan Cheslett

Heathland Classic Open Comp - Notts, Sherwood & Lindrick
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:47:40 AM »
I got an email today advertising this 3-day open comp in June;

http://heathlandgolfclassic.co.uk/

Format is two man teams 4BBB. The chances of any of my local golfing buddies being interested are slim - they'd all prefer to go to Turkey or Portugal - so is any one here interested in making up a team or teams?

Michael Wharton-Palmer

Re: Heathland Classic Open Comp - Notts, Sherwood & Lindrick
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 11:13:14 AM »
what a great deal and on three such fantastic courses.
Wish I was home at that time and I would be all over that.
All three are wonderful examples of top notch heathland golf. I played in the English mid am at Sherwood two years ago and loved it, Notts is always a classic with great greens, great idea for the event.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 11:22:54 AM »
I could certainly be persuaded.  Any other of the English contingent up for this?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Sean_A

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 11:25:04 AM »
Duncan, sounds good, but three weekdays on the trot doesn't work for me.  

There is also the The Midland Golf Challenge 9th to the 11th July.

This brand new event offers the opportunity to play three of the very best courses in the Midlands for a great price of just £300 per pair!

"This is a three day tournament at three of the leading Midlands golf courses. It is a Mens pairs better ball stableford 3/4 handicap - Maximum 18"

It is not often that you will get a chance to play three courses of this quality for just £50 a round!

9th July Blackwell Golf Club
10th July Beau Desert Golf Club
11th July Little Aston Golf Club

To enter, simply follow this link to the Midland Golf Challenge website.  http://midlandgolfchallenge.co.uk/

Ciao

New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

James Boon

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 08:19:31 AM »
Duncan,

I'd seen the poster for this up on the club noticeboard but hadn't really paid it too much attention, so thanks for flagging it up here. It certainly looks a great event and similar to the West Midlands one Sean mentions its great value at £50 per person per round on 3 very good courses (though only one can really be considered South Yorkshire!)

I'm afraid that 3 week days in a row make it tricky for me, but if you or any other GCAers get a team together and fancy a practice round at Hollinwell, let me know and I'll sort something out!

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell, Brora, Parkstone, Cavendish, Hallamshire, Sandmoor, Moortown, Elie, Crail, St Andrews (Himalayas & Eden), Chantilly, M, Hardelot Les Pins

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back