News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:Winged Foot being toughened for Open
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2003, 08:17:30 PM »
Mike,
You guys can call it anything you want. Personally, I think the bunkers here are not nearly as God-awful as Meri.........

Fahgetaboutit!

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2003, 08:27:11 PM »
One other thing is that Patrick had probably seen the bunkers before the restoration/remodel/renovation/whatever, so maybe he is the one to listen too. But frommy point of view, they're are much worse, and this is a fairly decent job. Maybe Tim Weiman will care to comment.

Evan, aiming for the center, now that would be fine, if you weren't being provoked to aim to the far left or right! I think of that tree on #2 on the West course, and while most would hate it, I can't help to think about how greqat that tree influxes strategy around the green, And then you have the 200+/- yard par 3 right after it, and how it is just this narow little opening inthe front with bunkers guarding......make that squeezing the green from both sides. It is all just some really impressive stuff, and then you still have to putt!

WOW!

Evan_Green

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2003, 09:57:44 PM »
Tommy - Thats a great picture of a great hole- that bunker on the right is no picnic as I and many others know from first hand experience- even tougher i think though is #13 and none is greater than #10- a painting/print of which i keep in my study at home.

I do see what you mean though the course does play visual tricks on your mind on the approach shots to the green. One of the most appealing approaches to my eye is the first hole- i just love the look of the green and bunkers there. Simply great.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back