News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rich Goodale

Re: Island hopping in Scotland.
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 11:13:57 AM »
OK, I was wrong about not knowing anybody who has been to Gigha.  Why, oh why Adam, did you and your charming wife not mention that to me when we last met? :o

As for Kintyre being an island, I guess by the definition Cornwall is one too, and maybe even Kent.  To me, however, Kintyre will always be a Mull, and a damned good Mull, come to think if it!

I've heard great things about Traigh too, particularly from Sir Boab Huntley and the legendary and sorely missed Slag Bandoon...
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 11:54:27 AM »
Jon.

Thanks for the tip.  I took your advice and looked up Skin So Soft and discovered they also market an insect repellant by the same name as they are not allowed to claim repellant properties for the moisturizer.  You were referencing the moisturizer, correct?  There's nothing to keep me from using both and I wll as it's been my experience that anything that bites zeroes in on me.
Fortunately it's available on line (what isn't) so I won't have to wait for the Avon Lady to ring my doorbell.

Yes, the moisturiser. I find it works fine for me and smells okay too :)

Jon

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 11:56:42 AM »
OK, I was wrong about not knowing anybody who has been to Gigha.  Why, oh why Adam, did you and your charming wife not mention that to me when we last met? :o

I don't recall you asking, and "I've been to Gigha you know" struck me as an unusual conversation starter.... :)
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Phil McDade

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 12:02:11 PM »

As for Kintyre being an island, I guess by the definition Cornwall is one too, and maybe even Kent.  To me, however, Kintyre will always be a Mull, and a damned good Mull, come to think if it!

I've heard great things about Traigh too, particularly from Sir Boab Huntley and the legendary and sorely missed Slag Bandoon...

Traigh is very good fun, not as overly quirky as Shiskine, but worth playing if seeking out obscure and out-of-the-way 9-holers is your thing. A truly beautiful spot, with wonderful views out to Eigg and Rum. True remoteness comes not far from Mallaig, as one can take a small boat to Inverie and the Knoydart Peninsula, still attached to the mainland but more remote in many ways than most of the Hebrides.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back