News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Scott

Gil Hanse
« on: August 05, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »
I have to say that I had the opportunity to meet and talk to Gil Hanse tonight...what a humble and great guy.  Pretty good at his craft too.... Just thought I would pass along....

Dan Herrmann

Re: Gil Hanse
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 08:30:41 AM »
Where'd you run into Gil?

Mac Plumart

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 02:40:43 PM »
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:11:10 PM by Mac Plumart »
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:12:58 PM »
Brother Steve,

If you don't mind my asking, I'll ask: what was the context of the bump-in with Gil Hanse? Local coffee house or something official/professional? Thanks to his work with Tom Doak, I suspect he lines up very well with the traditional leanings of this illustrious forum.

I know that he did some work at Taconic, not more than two weeks after I last played there. I'd love to get back over/up to see the progress.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

David Whitmer

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »
My brother Michael Whitmer, who covers golf and the Patriots for the Boston Globe, interviewed him a few months ago and came back very impressed. I guess Gil has done some work on The Country Club for next year's U.S. Amateur. I believe he did Boston Golf Club, and re-did TPC of Boston, so Gil has had a say in recent Boston-area golf course architecture. But Mike loved speaking with him. Prior to the interview I said to him, "Call me when you're finished; let me know how it went." When he called, he started the conversation with, "What a neat way to spend an hour or so. What a great guy."

So, it sounds like Mike's assessment has some confirmation from Steve.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

C. Squier

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 09:33:14 PM »
I have to say that I had the opportunity to meet and talk to Gil Hanse tonight...what a humble and great guy.  Pretty good at his craft too.... Just thought I would pass along....

How was his round at Fishers?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back