News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BigEdSC

Loxahatchee and the Bear's Club
« on: June 07, 2012, 08:12:18 PM »
All
It has been too long since I've been in the Tree House.   Work has been pretty hectic.  But the good thing is that I've qualified for the Florida State Amateur,  and it's being held at the Bear's Club and the Loxahatchee Club.I searchedthe site and there isn't much to go on.  Anyone care to give some insight on either of these courses?  I know the Bear's Club is home to some of the Tour's players, but I would like to know the type of course and if there is anybody out there with some insight.
Thanks
Big Ed

Will Lozier

Re: Loxahatchee and the Bear's Club
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:16:26 PM »
All
It has been too long since I've been in the Tree House.   Work has been pretty hectic.  But the good thing is that I've qualified for the Florida State Amateur,  and it's being held at the Bear's Club and the Loxahatchee Club.I searchedthe site and there isn't much to go on.  Anyone care to give some insight on either of these courses?  I know the Bear's Club is home to some of the Tour's players, but I would like to know the type of course and if there is anybody out there with some insight.
Thanks
Big Ed

Big Ed,

Congrats!  The only thing I think of when I see Loxahatchee is Doak's rating of it and his picture of the awful coned mounding!  Play well and good luck!

Cheers

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 08:29:07 PM »
Mounding is 99% gone.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:51:40 PM »
Mounding is 99% gone.

Thank heavens!   This course and Jack's Grand Cypress were tied for first in the category, "Worst Chocolate Drop Mounds."    Are they still existing at Grand Cypress?

Alex Lagowitz

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 10:16:45 PM »
I have played the Bear's Club and its a pretty nice course that is extremely well maintained. 
Ill go through what I remember...
Hole 1: Dog leg left, hazard blind off tee on left, hit a 230 club off tee and approach from right side of fwy
i don't remember hole order after that but general trend is forced carries off the tee and tight grassed chipping areas around the greens.
The eighteenth hole has trees in the middle of the fwy and doglegs lefts around a lake.

Its an enjoyable course, and the first tee was even on the putting green!!!

Bruce Leland

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:00:30 PM »
Say hello to the Supt., John Katerheinrich, for me! Not surprising the course is immaculate. John does a great job and hails from Minnesota's Interlachen CC prior to getting the call from Jack about this gig. He is a very gracious man and a good player to boot.
"The mystique of Muirfield lingers on. So does the memory of Carnoustie's foreboding. So does the scenic wonder of Turnberry and the haunting incredibility of Prestwick, and the pleasant deception of Troon. But put them altogether and St. Andrew's can play their low ball for atmosphere." Dan Jenkins

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back