News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeffrey Prest

Cajuiles/Teeth of the Dog
« on: March 27, 2012, 09:27:29 AM »
Does anyone know the year in which this course's name officially metamorphosed from the first to the second?

The 1976 World Atlas of Golf has it down as 'Cajuiles' but I'm reading Pete Dye's book Bury Me... at present and he talks about suggesting 'Teeth of the Dog' to the owner before he writes about finishing the course in 1971.

I only care because I still regret the original moniker being dumped. Even allowing for Mr Dye's occasional excesses, 'Teeth of the Dog' is straight out of WWF. In a karmic world, there'd be a professional wrestler out there somewhere labouring under the name 'Leafy Meadows'. 

Tom_Doak

Re: Cajuiles/Teeth of the Dog
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 11:06:20 AM »
Jeffrey:

The name change was official by the time I first saw Teeth of the Dog, in 1983.

Mr. Dye favored that name from the start; it was the client who liked "Cajuiles".  The problem was, with people calling the course three different names [including Casa de Campo], it had identity problems and a lot of people didn't understand they all referred to the same place.

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:25:13 PM »
Interesting.  I for one like the name "Teeth of the Dog" for its exoticism.  Of course, a name like that wouldn't fly in most places, though people have tried to make similar names work.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Matthew Rose

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 03:59:17 PM »
So they are the same.

I always assumed that they were, but I was never 100% sure.
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back