News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Re: Sometimes the Truth is Shocking to Contemplate
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2009, 05:02:47 PM »
John,
You are correct....
It has to be a supt with enough pull to do so....and it is rare.....
Mike

Mike,

How many years of experience and training do you have as a golf course superintendent? 

Well...I guess none...what is your point?

Sorry Mike.  I misconstrued your comment about the supers role in constructing an affordable golf course. 

Why do you think the super must lead the campaign?

I am not saying the supt has to lead but if someone doesn't have his butt covered he is the one that will take the heat for less than green conditions and rough edges....so he needs to have some "durability" built in in order to survive....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Norbert P

« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »
In the quest for affordable yet effective irrigation, has a hybrid use of two wire and valve-at-lateral-junction been theorized to work well?   To clarify, where irrigation control is critical, say around greens, is using two wire appropriate while using lateral valving
(non-valve-in-head) on fairway heads respectable and acceptable design? 
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Grant Saunders

« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2012, 09:47:35 PM »
I was searching for something else and came upon this old thread started by Tom Doak 6 years ago.

The opening post is well worth a read again with the benefit of a few years having passed.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back