News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Re: H'cane Irene
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2011, 05:39:30 PM »
Don't know about the golf courses, but it sure seems like Vermont got hit very hard:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/31/us/31floods.html?_r=1&hp

It also seems like as much, if not more, damage was done to areas well inland as along the coast:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/30/us/30vermont.html?hpw
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:42:03 PM by David_Tepper »

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »
We drove home from the Catskills Sunday night--NY Thruway south of Albany was closed through Monday afternoon.  Our route, by necessity, was the Thruway north (from exit 21) to I-90, then I-90 east through the Berkshires to Springfield, then I-91 south to New Haven, then I-95 down the coast and over the GWB, to the NJ Turnpike.

We left The Winter Clove Inn about 7:30 Sunday night; we arrived back at my parents' house in Sayreville at 12:35am Monday. 

On the drive home, it was dark, I noticed a lot of Connecticut without power; a lot of the areas along the 95 corridor hugging the shore were dark, including many of the rest areas.   

Our home in Tuckerton was mercifully spared.  We're right on Barnegat Bay.  I believe the eye of the storm must have passed right over our area; it seems areas west of us and north were hit harder.  There are some pictures of the Rt 23 corridor in NJ and, of course, Vermont, which are horrific.  Ron Prichard said something very poignant on Facebook-about the state of Vermont and its people asking so little of anyone.  I'm not going to repeat it, but go there and look for it. 

David Cronheim, to answer your question, I don't have full information about Galloway, but I am going to hazard a guess that it was probably not much more than some trees felled by wind and maybe some minor washouts.  However, I am curious to learn about Mountain Ridge, Glen Ridge, Montclair, all of which play down hills and have small to medium size bodies of water running through them.
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 03:17:59 AM »
David/SPDB - apparently PV have some minor flood damage and a few trees down and Galloway is fine. Hopefully Deal will be in as good a condition as possible for the club champs. Hopefully my Long Island and Boston venues also survived ok.
Cave Nil Vino

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back