News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas_Brown

Best Dormy Houses in GB&I
« on: April 29, 2005, 12:47:24 AM »
I'm usuallly London-centric, but I'm interested in anything in the region.
Ideas?

RT

Re:Best Dormy Houses in GB&I
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 02:40:01 AM »
Royal Lytham & St. Annes, for starters.........
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 02:40:18 AM by RT »

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 08:42:46 AM »
Country Louth, Baltray, Ireland

Larry_Keltto

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 09:48:12 AM »
I stayed at Royal Lytham's dormy house last week -- it was superb. The people were welcoming, the food in the clubhouse was first-rate, and the view of the 1st and 18th holes from the second floor was wonderful. It was a highlight of a terrific trip.

RT

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 11:12:53 AM »
Larry,

Not to absolutely forget those 2 wonderful snooker tables, after a good meal with a few bottles of fine red, before retiring to the cozy dormy house.

Paul Richards

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 09:59:04 PM »
RT:

I agree with you on Royal Lytham.

Our group had the second floor suites, overlooking the putting clock - we had the greatest time out there putting 'til the wee hours of the night over some good Scotch.

What a treat!!!

;)
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 10:33:31 PM »
I have not stayed At Royal Lytham, but have at Porthcawl and Baltray.  The only problem at Baltray is the noise from the pub.  If you like quiet then Porthcawl is the best.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Eric Smith

Re: Best Dormy Houses in GB&I
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 05:17:34 PM »
Porthcawl was awesome. I think about it a lot. You know, going on a golf trip and staying close to the golf course is always a plus. Being able to stay AT the club, connected to the golf shop is a trip in and of itself. The ability to enjoy all of the facilities at Porthcawl was a real treat.

I also stayed in the Tenby dormy while in Wales. It was even nicer and a bit roomier. These rooms appeared to have been built fairly recently. I was the only one staying overnight that evening, which was a bit surreal.  I walked into town for dinner in complete darkness and then back again to my own private links side estate!

Here are a few pics at Tenby:

Tim Martin

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 05:46:45 PM »
Porthcawl was awesome. I think about it a lot. You know, going on a golf trip and staying close to the golf course is always a plus. Being able to stay AT the club, connected to the golf shop is a trip in and of itself. The ability to enjoy all of the facilities at Porthcawl was a real treat.

I also stayed in the Tenby dormy while in Wales. It was even nicer and a bit roomier. These rooms appeared to have been built fairly recently. I was the only one staying overnight that evening, which was a bit surreal.  I walked into town for dinner in complete darkness and then back again to my own private links side estate!

Here are a few pics at Tenby:

Eric-The place looks good. How did you get out of town with the winner`s jacket from the Heritage? See photo # 4.

Eric Smith

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »
How did you get out of town with the winner`s jacket from the Heritage? See photo # 4.

I hear ya - the thing looks pretty ridiculous. Only reason I wear it is to say,  "Hey, look at me!  Look at how great I am!"

Bill_McBride

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 11:45:13 PM »
Staying in the dormy house at Rye in September, can't wait.  The dormy house at Deal is in the clubhouse and is quite comfortable.  

The dormy house at Beau Desert is relatively new and very nice.  Two twin rooms and one with a double bed.  
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:28:59 PM by Bill_McBride »

Michael Underwood

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 10:32:41 PM »
RT - Interesting that you make mention of the wonderful Snooker tables at Royal Lytham.  I have played several rounds of golf at Royal Lytham with member friends over the years and have been told that Bobby Jones learned to play Snooker on those very tables while at Royal Lytham for the Open Championship.  Nothing like a Snooker game with an after dinner cocktail at Royal Lytham.  Did you get to go into the trophy room that is also on the second floor of the Royal Lytham clubhouse?  The history is just amazing!

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 02:17:35 AM »
Aberdovey is comfortable and Royal Portcawl is very good.

I've heard good things about Royal Lytham and Formby.

Anyone stayed at Royal St Georges or Walden House in St Andrews?
Cave Nil Vino

Brent Hutto

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 09:21:19 AM »
Formby's is indeed quite comfortable, Mark.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back