News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mark chalfant

Westchester Hills (White Plains NY)
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:22:11 PM »
I recently stopped here briefly to  pick up a score card. There were  some very neat  green complexes near the club house, and a few chocolate drops off  in the distance. This  view brought to mind a style similar to Walter Travis.  Could  he have worked here.  It looked like  a fun 6,300 yarder, has anyone played  here ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 11:27:31 PM by mark chalfant »

mark chalfant

Re: Westchester Hills (White Plains NY)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »
has anyone played at this compact  6,300 yarder, which is a few miles from Fenway

Geoffrey_Walsh

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 10:25:42 PM »
Mark,

I used to live one house away from Westchester Hills and have played the course a few times.  While it is short and quirky, it has good green complexes and was always difficult for me to score well on.  It's not the type of course you can overpower easily, and it has OB in play on a number of holes (usually down the right) which never worked for my slice growing up.

Mark Johnson

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:58:46 PM »
a little bump for a course i played today.

enjoyed it much more than I anticipated.   Nice quirky course that takes advantage of a small piece of land without feeling cramped.

Remembers me a good deal of Town & Country in St. Paul (though not as many blind shots).

The reality is that if I ever got transferred to my corporate HQ, I would likely join here.    The initiation is maybe 1/3 of competiting courses with not a significant change in quality

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back