News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

16th green at Cypress Point
« on: April 24, 2011, 01:19:25 AM »
For those who have admired from afar, we wonder what that putting surface is like. From above, one sees the six bunkers and the pie saucer green...how does it pitch and roll?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Stewart Naugler

Re: 16th green at Cypress Point
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 02:38:45 PM »
16 green is fairly flat. The front right edge drops off pretty severely towards the ocean and the rest of the green breaks from back to front. It's the easiest putting green on the course (once you get on the green).

A view from 17 tee

The back half of 16 green

My Dad walking on the front right portion of 16 green

The irrigation heads give you a rough idea of the contours

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:41:42 PM by SNaugler »

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 02:52:13 PM »
What SNaugler said.

Also, it's one of the biggest greens on the course -- in fact it might well be the biggest, I've never seen the numbers for them all.  That brings three-putts into play, just because you haven't seen many 40-foot putts up to that point in the round.  And it's in one of the most exposed spots on the golf course, so it has to be flatter because of the wind.  [They had to call off the AT&T one year when balls were blowing off the 17th green, which has a bit more slope.]

Stewart Naugler

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 02:58:26 PM »
Just like Tom said, the wind is the toughest part of the green and it is the biggest green on the course. I've seen the wind bend over the flag stick to where it's touching the green.

Think Kenny Perry's putting stance!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back