News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve D

Re: Facebook
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 09:15:59 PM »
Anyone worried about privacy may as well just sign off the internet now.  There are websites out there that aggregate all the available info on the web.  I stumbled across 123people.com the other day and the entry they had for me there was chock full of info . . . and I generally keep a low profile with my real name on the internet.  There were photos (none of which were me, but some of them were people I know) every address I've ever had, all my family members (including my ex-wife who was gone before the internet/dotcom boom - listed under her maiden name), links to POSTS FROM THIS WEBSITE, links to pages where my business associates had posted me as a contact for various projects, THE CONTENTS OF MY SHOPPING CART AT AMAZON (yes, I'm serious), a list of 8 'related people' of whom I did not know a single one.  

If you're doing anything on the internet or someone else is mentions your name on the internet it is being logged and compiled, have no doubt about that.  I'm sure that most users of this site know by now that if you google your name posts from this forum will come up in the search results.  As the girl in the Facebook movie said, the internet is written in pen.  There is no erasing or forgetting anything that is put out on the internet.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:17:39 PM by Steve DeWalle »

John_Conley

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2010, 10:44:21 PM »
The best description I heard for the site was that when you run into someone you haven't seen for a while you usually talk to them for a bit to catch up.  Facebook creates those interactions since they don't happen very often.

I have a page, but am not active.  I find it funny that people I see regularly want to be a "friend".  Aren't we already?

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 11:06:52 AM »
Dan
Facebook has made my life richer.
I wish the same for you.
Cheers

p.s.
I wish GCA had a like button, and sometimes reflexively look for one.
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Dave McCollum

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 05:55:43 PM »
Oops.  Deleted
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 05:58:03 PM by Dave McCollum »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back