News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Chaplin

Re: Ran Morrissett gets "Whipped" at Whippoorwill
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 01:38:01 PM »
Thank Mr Pearce, GCA's most sartorial golfer.
Cave Nil Vino

Scott Warren

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »
I feel like I have been transported to a parallel universe. Either that or Pearce has been hacked...

Matt_Ward

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »
Noel:

Good post on the advantage of HotStix -- was at Doral Arrowood for the fitting a few years back with Chris.

Can make a huge difference for one's game.

I did a piece on this and will try to post later.

3.5 handicap -- way to go !!!

ed_getka

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 11:34:04 AM »
Noel,
   Good to see you posting. It has been many years since our moonlight reconaissance of Cypress.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Noel Freeman

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2010, 12:02:33 AM »
Gekko-

It was fun barking at the full moon with you that night.  The golf gods smiled upon you that evening...Here Here to the Tap Room, one of the best bars in golf.

Bogey-

I have only seen Matt Ward hit balls once..  Three were off the planet OB, the others were 300+yds down the fairway.... :o  I believe Matt Ward's philosophy on hitting golf balls is similar to the orders given to Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now-- Terminate with Extreme Predjudice!  I am decidely more Zen than that, I just try to hit the ball into the void at the target..
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 12:06:37 AM by NFreeman »

Matt_Ward

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2010, 08:05:22 PM »
Noel:

Good seeing you back and hearing about your game improvements. Congrats on the hard work !

I know this is not tied to the exiisting thread but you are 100% spot on regarding what HotStix and others of this type do. Getting properly fitted by a real pro can only help anyone's game.

Love the line on Martin Sheen / re: Apocalypse Now ! ;D

By the way -- if we should play again you'll find out how HotStix helped me with some of the clubs I now use. Because of Chris and a few other people I got info on different smaller companies and it helped me get the best driver I have ever hit -- ditto on the irons side too.

I urge anyone to follow the thoughts you suggested -- it can make a major big time difference.

By the way you can always spot me a shot a side. ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back