News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Phil McDade

Re: 2010 PGA at Whistling Straits discussion thread
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2010, 01:51:47 PM »
Todd:

I tend to agree with you, although I'd also suggest folks have been playing WS since it opened and the course is decidely not lush and green. It is this week, and some other times of the year, because it sits on great growing soild and is in the Upper Midwest, and its wet and humid summers (esp. this summer). I think WS is popular with the paying public for a lot of reasons, but I don't sense the crowd that goes there is pining for that lush and green experience there. They can get it elsewhere in the state (notably Blackwolf Run's River course).

Phil McDade

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 02:20:06 PM »
I'd also take -10 in the clubhouse today; Mickelson is probably going to run out of real estate, but I can see -10 in a playoff, or maybe winning, given what the leaders are facing...

Todd Bell

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 03:50:49 PM »
I understand the wet weather and timing of the tourney are the result of the lush conditions yet, many on here have dismissed the course because of such. 

If there was a drought and the course was dry and brown, the architecture would be held in higher regard. 

My point is, the lushness ( I think that's a word) of a golf course is the eventual basis of one’s measurement and opinion of. 

Phil McDade

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 04:01:32 PM »
Todd:

Have you looked at any of today's coverage of the tournament? Any thoughts on its architecture now? ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back