News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robert Thompson

Re: Toronto XMas GCA Gathering
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 08:22:23 PM »
8) I may be in Toronto just after your meeting, heading for 15th & 16th in Waterloo..

What's this Beaches place all about?

It is an area of Toronto that, well, has some beaches...
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

Robert Thompson

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 08:17:56 PM »
So here's the plan -- Ian and I are heading to see Dave Kemp for a bit late Friday afternoon. We'll return and be at Murphy's Law (corner of Kingston and Queen) by around 7. I'll book a spot at the pub under either Thompson or GCA. Or just ask for those crazy golf guys.

Right now I expect:

Dick Kirkpatrick (before the nurse puts him to bed at 9:30)
Ian,  RT,  Yannick, Jeremy, TJ Rule, Matt Mackay, Guy Nicholson, HenryE
, Matt Bosela, Jeremy Rivando, Gerry Barad (after the Raptors game), Wayne Kozun, Greg McMullin, Mingay (maybe), Ben (unlikely), Phillippe?

So it looks like 10 to 15 -- are standard group. We'll be there late if anyone is planning on joining us later. Oh, and any thoughts on an Andrew Christmas quiz? I'm thinking this one should be contemporary Canadian golf. Ian, are you willing?

Ian Andrew

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 12:03:15 AM »
I had not planned on it - but I'll dig into the archives for some ideas tomorrow.

I need to locate a prize too.

Ian

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 12:40:00 AM »
8) I may be in Toronto just after your meeting, heading for 15th & 16th in Waterloo..

What's this Beaches place all about?

It is an area of Toronto that, well, has some beaches...
And a pedantic debate regarding whether it should be "The Beaches" or "The Beach"

Robert Thompson

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »
We're all set for Murphy's Law on Friday. Ask for "the golf group" or under my name -- I think we're in the "snug," the room on the main floor past the bar. I made the reservation for 7, to make sure Mr. Kirkpatrick can get back to his nurse for curfew.

I think we have 10-15 coming -- usual numbers. Expect dinner, drinks and perhaps an Andrew quiz.

Jeremy Rivando

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 05:24:01 PM »
Looks like Jeff Dykeman can make it as well, he's back from Florida.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »
I will be rather late - likely after 10.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 09:05:30 PM »
Robert,

I was in Toronto in October and I wonder how you can exist without a juicy burger. When I could not eat my bar dinner at the Airport Marriiot, i was asked by the waitress, "Why.'  I responded that it was the worst excuse for that delicacy of bas cuisine I had ever encountered. She then told me about the Nanny State of Ontario. No meat can be served unlless cooked to a cinder.

It is with regret that I am afraid I cannot attend under such nonsensical dietary restrictions.

Bob

Robert Thompson

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 07:42:35 PM »
A good time was had by all, I do believe. Ian's Canadian golf architecture quiz was well received, and our discussion of the forthcoming "Tiger's Wood" screenplay showed a great deal of creativity.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back