News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Joines

Bing.com - New "Bird's Eye" aerial view.
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:54:35 PM »
I apologize if this has been posted before but I don't remember seeing anything and the search function doesn't pull anything up.

Bing.com has a maps section with aerial view from all over the world. They have an option for the "Bird's Eye View" which offers a really unique aerial perspective. I've found this to be a great tool in studying golf courses and is far, far better than the goodle maps aerial views. If offers a far clearer, more detailed view than any aerial I've ever seen. It also gives you the option to adjust the angle of view so you can see the course from all angles.

Hopefully someone can post some screen shots of courses in this view to show just how good the picture is.

Michael Dugger

Re: Bing.com - New "Bird's Eye" aerial view.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 03:55:48 PM »
It's been around for a while. Use to be maps.live.com until bing bought it.

SFCC looks especially sweet.
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Eric Smith

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:04:20 PM »
Before I went on a golf trip to Michigan a couple of months ago I spent days checking out the golf courses we were to play on Bing Birds Eye View.  It is really fun to use.

Actually now that I think about it I used it to verify location of a villa we rented in Hilton Head last winter. It was very cool being able to do that on the computer.

Brian Joines

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »
I guess I was just a little bit out of the loop! I always used Google Maps to look at aerials of courses but this Bird's eye View just blows it away.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back