News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Haspell

Royal Golf Open again in 2010
« on: December 05, 2009, 12:28:09 PM »
Just some info for all you GCA guys thinking of coming to Scotland next year and my apologies if you have heard already,

For anyone travelling to Dornoch and the Highlands next year the Royal Golf Hotel has been taken on by a consortium.
I am led to beleive it will be open for the start of the season, this will make things a little easier for weary travellers making the trip to the Highlands. For the rest of you guys travelling this way Check out the Castle Stuart website there are several good links to Hotels in the area at different price scales for all pockets.

May 2010 be your best golfing year ever!

Regards for now and keep posting, as a lurker it's great reading

Chris

Melvyn Morrow

Re: Royal Golf Open again in 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »

Chris

Thanks for the update.

Stop lurking and get committed, your point of view is just as valid as the rest of us. Come in, the waters not cold, but beware for the odd shark lurking in the shallows – don’t worry their wives removed their teeth years ago and all they can do is try gumming you to death.

Melvyn 

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 06:47:48 PM »
Chris H. -

Are you sure the Royal Golf Hotel will re-open for business next summer? Has this been announced in the local or regional press?

When I left Dornoch in early September, my understanding was that the new owners of the property were planning to knock the hotel down and build a 25-35 two-bedroom apartment building on that site, similar to what they did on the site of the Golf Links Hotel in Brora. However, I am not aware that a start date on the demolition/construction project was going to be any time soon.

When the Royal Golf closed at the end of 2006, the guts of the building (plumbing, electrical system, etc.) were in dire need of improvement and/or replacement. The building has sat empty for almost 3 years now and its condition has only gotten worse.

I would be interested to know the source of your information. Thanks.

DT 

Gary Gruber

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 02:53:04 AM »
The Royal Golf will indeed open for business again next year.

I am not sure of the exact timing though.

Chris Haspell

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 11:02:46 AM »
Hi David, I understand your question fully so instead working on speculation if felt it best it came from the Horses Mouth if you will pardon the phrase,hence my delay in Reply, here is a quote from one of the investors in the Royal Golf ,Grant Sword ,
Royal Golf Hotel set to re-open.

Dornoch’s favourite golfing hotel is gearing up to re-open from mid March 2010.
The new owners have teamed up with Castle Stuart Golf Links, Inverness to operate the Hotel which overlooks the first tee of Royal Dornoch which has just been rated the 15th best course in the world.
With 25 bedrooms, many with spectacular views, the hotel will ease the accommodation shortage Sutherland’s county town.

For further information and accommodation requests contact
Grant Sword
Castle Stuart Golf Links
01463 769111 or 07770 461791
www.castlestuartgolf.com

I hope this will help David

Cheers
Chris

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back