News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Chambers Bay December Rate is $69
« on: November 20, 2009, 09:59:57 AM »
Nice price for perhaps of the best sets of par fours on a modern golf course in America.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jay Flemma

Re: Chambers Bay December Rate is $69
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 10:13:25 AM »
can you play out there at this time of year?
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Joe Hancock

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 10:21:28 AM »
can you play out there at this time of year?

No, he can't. He's working, plus with the Holidays and all......
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 11:10:31 AM »
Being located next to a big arm of the Pacific Ocean, Chambers Bay winter play is not much different than at Bandon. Wet, but perhaps a little colder.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mike Wagner

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 11:57:08 AM »
Playing today (not Chambers) - it's pretty wet up here, but definitely playable - especially Chambers....it drains well.

Jay, just ask your buddy Shelly how much he plays in the winter....

Will MacEwen

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »
I'm north and west on Vancouver Island, and I am playing in a tournament tomorrow.  Forecast is 34 degrees and rain all day.

Richard Choi

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 03:00:08 PM »
CB is playable year round with very good drainage. But the weather this winter has been pretty awful around here.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 03:25:24 PM »
Is that non-resident freight!  That is a steal.  I sure wish I had a real need to actually go out there and to spend the 400 or more RT air and lodging cost to go out and wait for a decent day (over 40* and dry to spinkles would be fine to endure).  They must get some days as good or better than that in December... I hope several fanatics can indeed take advantage of that offer.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Rob Rigg

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 01:58:53 AM »
Are you guys really getting bad weather up in Seattle?

Portland has been pretty good thus far - the forecast looks ugly but it has been dry during the day.

Definitely considering sneaking up to CB on a w/e at this rate!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back