News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Re: The Greatest Decade Ever- Jack or Tiger?
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 07:06:29 PM »
Kalen -

Thanks for the research and data. Knowledge is power! ;)

DT

TEPaul

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »
The best and obviously most informed one to talk to if you want to compare Tiger to Jack in any way, is certainly Jack himself. So why don't some of you guys consider what Jack has had to say about Tiger or about Jack and Tiger? Frankly, it isn't all that terribly different from what Bob Jones had to say about Jack, but what'd Bob or Jack know about this kind of thing compared to some of us golf experts? ;)

Matter of fact, it's interesting to hear what Trevino and Player have to say about Tiger. Watson used to agree with them but not anymore. The last time the question came up Tom said: "Are you kidding me? Look what just happened, that cat-like duffer missed the cut and a 59 year old man---Me--came within a whisker of winning THE Championship!"  ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:20:02 PM by TEPaul »

V. Kmetz

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 07:30:01 PM »
TEP,

In this pocket of the thread, no one (at least not me) is trying to compare Jack, Tiger or Bobby.  This particular nook of the thread is about but one factor of those larger macro-comparisons...the relative mettle of the competitive fields that Jack and tiger have had to overcome to attaining their comparative performances.

where do you stand on this?

Do you agree with those posters who have commented vociferously and loudly that Jack's 1970-79 field was an old boys group of 30 club pros who just whacked up "who can push Nicklaus" this week, while Tiger has 125 well-financed, well-trained golf robots to beat off every 6-8 weeks of major season?

Or do you agree with me that the field Jack contended was every bit as deep with youth, experience and championship mettle, if not even moreso than the group who were the undercard to Tiger in 2000-09?

Cheers

VK
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back