News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Stamm

Bodega Harbour
« on: August 28, 2009, 12:45:22 PM »
I guess RTJ, Jr redid the course back in March.

http://www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/layout10.asp?id=158&page=2817

Has anyone gotten out there and seen how it turned out? Better? Same? Worse?
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Tim Leahy

Re: Bodega Harbour
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 12:57:12 PM »
I saw an episode of Hooked on Golf where they played the remodeled 16 and 17 and it looked like they softened it up. Also at the time of the show you could not take your cart into the area of 16 and 17 which was kind of wierd.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:05:21 PM »
Are the birds still a problem there?

rjsimper

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 02:25:12 PM »
Of all that could be done there, why on earth would they have needed to re-do 16 and 17? Those were 2 of the best holes on the course!

Tim Pitner

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 02:36:13 PM »
Of all that could be done there, why on earth would they have needed to re-do 16 and 17? Those were 2 of the best holes on the course!

Exactly right.  As I recall, the finishing holes were much better than what preceded them. 

Ben Sims

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 06:01:32 PM »
I have to reply here.

I played in early May and immediately put the course on my "never play again" list.  Nothing links about it.  A terribly tough walk.  Poor conditioning on top of a poor layout.  You are hemmed in by houses; bordering on ridiculous.  I would not recommend this course to anyone in the bay area.  I would much rather play Mare Island over in Vallejo on the old Navy base, or Presidio, or Lincoln Park, or Half Moon Bay, or anything.  I won't expound anymore here, but if anyone wants to know more about Bodega, send me a message.

If I hurt anyone's feelings I'm sorry, but that course deserves what I wrote about it.

Reef Wilson

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 07:03:16 PM »
I've played twice, once shortly before they started the redo and once after. It didn't strike me as being much different afterwards. Greens seemed a bit better as new bent grass greens were the major component of the redo. I don't feel as strongly as Ben about it, but I won't be making any special trips out there to play it. if you are already out there, some great deals can be had on ezlinks.com. I think I paid less then $30(with cart which I didn't use) each time I played there.

As for no carts on 16 and 17, you can see why when you get out to the holes as they go through some sort of tidal marsh. I thought it had always been like this and was condition to being able to build holes down there, but maybe it's more recent. 16 is one of the better holes where you bite off as much as you can chew and the wind can make it pretty interesting.

Reef

Damon Groves

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 09:49:16 PM »
Isn't a Bodega what you New Yorkers call a 7-11? ;)

Tim Leahy

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 06:39:10 PM »
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back