News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_beene

Warwick Hills
« on: August 02, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »
Is Warwick Hills a course where you can't distinguish the front nine from the back. Looks like they follow each other.Does it feel like the back is simply a repeat of the front? Never seen it in person so just asking.

Matthew Rose

Re: Warwick Hills
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 10:32:04 PM »
I hate it when finishing holes on each nine run completely parallel to each other and have the same par sequence. If I had a dollar for every course I've ever played where both nines finished 5-3-4, I'd be rich.

Even worse, the lengths of the parallel holes are within 5-10 yards of each other.

Just reeks of contrivance.
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Brent Carlson

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 10:46:35 PM »
Mike,

They are very similar.  If you played there you would be able to discern differences however.  It's basically a good tour course at 7200 that is very typical parkland.  The greens are really fun and fast.

mike_beene

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 11:10:56 PM »
How many holes have ob threats.One and eighteen both seem to.

Brent Carlson

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 12:10:12 AM »
Mike,

From my memory about three holes.  But you really have to overcook one to find OB there.  It's the kind of course where you usually won't lose a ball.

Chuck Brown

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 12:50:56 AM »
Mike, there is actually a lot of OB that is there, but very little of it is seriously in play.

I have not played there, but I have walked it about ten times.  There's not much remarkable about it; it is almost tailor made for the Tour, and for those guys to shoot about -18.  But it has grown on me.  It is nonetheless a perfect exemplay of Bob Jones' comment on links golf versus American parkland golf, wherein the latter requires you to repeat all the same shots you hit the day before.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back