News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Dan Herrmann

Snow for ANGC
« on: March 01, 2009, 10:08:38 AM »
Unfortunately, that damn groundhog was right, and we're still stuck in winter.  PHL thru BOS will probably get hammered with a lot of snow tonight.

But we're not alone.  The same storm is forecast to bring snow to Augusta, GA.  Keep an eye out for snowy pictures of ANGC. 

Who knows, maybe they'll let us skate on that pond on 16?

David Stamm

Re: Snow for ANGC
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 10:11:30 AM »
79 here in So Cal yesterday. Sorry, Dan. 8) ;D
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

TEPaul

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 10:12:16 AM »
Bob Crosby and Mike/Phil Young:

First a thousand year drought in Georgia and now snow!?! What have you people down there been doing to inherit this type of pestilence?

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »
92 degrees here on Thursday, wid chill was 19 this morning.....yippy...

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 11:30:11 AM »
Sledding down the hill on #10? ;)

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 12:00:43 PM »
It's around 40 and raining in Augusta now.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 12:12:46 PM »
Maybe the sub air systems installed in the greens will pay off.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »
Bob Crosby and Mike/Phil Young:

First a thousand year drought in Georgia and now snow!?! What have you people down there been doing to inherit this type of pestilence?

Hee hee. Yes, the million dollar question!  But don't expect much by way of answers, TE -- Bob will probably try to bamboozle us with an indecipherable philosophic treatise, Phil will explain it all away by telling us how Tillinghast should get the credit, and Mike will fob the whole thing off with yet another reference to that damn pancake house!

Peter

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 01:12:31 PM »
It's simply due to @hil's inexplicable denial that "Far and Sure" was Tilly.

The gods sense that inbalance in the universe!  ;)

TEPaul

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »
Peter:

I've gotten no indecipherable philosophic from Bob Crosby on the drought in Georgia. He basically just said it was a real pain-in-the-ass to only be able to flush the toilet part-time, but he did allow as it was sort of a neat thought at first to be asked to take a communal shower with most everyone on his street!  ;)

But that's just a symptom isn't it? I don't see any philosophic explanation in that kind of response. And so I would suggest that if we don't get one out of Georgia soon we should recommend that toilet paper be banned from the state altogether in the future, if this kind of thing happens again with no philosophic explanation! Otherwise, I don't see that we could view it as anything other than a total waste of a whole lot of pretty fine pestilence! And as with some other things like oil the cost of pestilence has really risen in modern times.

TEPaul

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 01:23:59 PM »
"The gods sense that inbalance in the universe!"

Cirba, you better jolly well watch your mouth there or something really repugnant might happen with our seasons and weather.

It's iMbalance, my boy, not iNbalance.

All a trumped up word like inbalance describes is something like one of Tiger Woods' better swings. 

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 01:25:52 PM »
Tom,

Damn little chicklet-like typing keys on my Blackberry while driving!

Kyle Harris

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 01:28:10 PM »
"The gods sense that inbalance in the universe!"

Cirba, you better jolly well watch your mouth there or something really repugnant might happen with our seasons and weather.

It's iMbalance, my boy, not iNbalance.

All a trumped up word like inbalance describes is something like one of Tiger Woods' better swings. 

As God was creating the world, he turned to Gabriel and began bragging of a land he created with vast tracts of beautiful land, open areas for His people to farm and gorgeous mountain vistas accessible to all. God really felt He could give humans a taste of paradise on Earth. Gabriel became obstinate and demanded that God keep things in balance, as He had promised.

"There MUST be balance, God, there must be!" He pleaded.

God, however, consoled Gabriel with these words.

"Gabriel, I have dubbed my paradise on Earth, 'Pennsylvania' and balance will be achieved by the bastards I put next door to them in 'New Jersey.'"

Mike_Young

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 02:13:59 PM »
OK Peter and TE,
I do not know philosophy the way Bob does but ......I don't even think Bob would like taking a communal shower with the neighbors he has in that hood.....It would be like going to a cake decorators class or floral class and everyone getting in the shower and dropping soap on purpose..then giggling.....BUT you might like it ;D ;D ;D

Now Peter....I did just leave the waffle house and it was over an inch of snow.....and it is still snowing...I would post if I knew how to do a foto.....most everyone here has on their camo and big tire trucks.....the waitresses have on their hunting boots.....and I have waffle syrup all over my Sunday tie.....while all of Bob's neighbors are sitting in front of their fireplaces with those real thick turltenecks reading poetry...and sipping hot tea....wondering which ODG  designed the best greens for snowy conditions...... ;D
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 03:07:55 PM »
Ha, ha - wearing turtlenecks, reading poetry, sipping tea...Hey, wait a minute, I resemble that remark!

Actually, Mike, I'm just glad you're not angry at me for calling the Waffle House a *pancake* place!

Peter

Joe Fairey

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 04:50:05 PM »
Bet they had several groups out on the course today......snow......rain...no problem....

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 05:08:14 PM »
Here's the current forecast for Augusta:
Tonight: Rain and snow likely before 2am, then a chance of snow between 2am and 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 26. North wind between 10 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

It looks like tomorrow morning will be key for snow pics at Augusta.  I just hope somebody somewhere takes some - it could be very beautiful.

Stephen Britton

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 08:29:15 PM »
Bernard Willington's painting of the clubhouse in the winter.

"The chief object of every golf architect or greenkeeper worth his salt is to imitate the beauties of nature so closely as to make his work indistinguishable from nature itself" Alister MacKenzie...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back