News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Cristian

Sunningdale winter offer
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:57:21 PM »
http://www.sunningdale-golfclub.co.uk/site/general_info/

I saw the Sunningdale winter offer today : 150 UKP to play old and new until 30 March. As I am planning to come to London next week, and have a day to spare it seems like an interesting offer. Does anybody know the current condition of the courses?

Is it a worthwile offer?

Kevin Pallier

Re: Sunningdale winter offer
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:27:43 PM »
Cristian

I took up their "winter" offer a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. There was hardly a soul on the course and I was able to really take my time and study the architecture. Suggest you do same and dont forget to stop off at the "half-way house"  ;)

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 04:29:25 AM »
Christian,

The courses will be closed all next week due to the foursomes.

This is a good offer provided you can book late and chose a fine weather day.
Cave Nil Vino

Paul Nash

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 05:11:46 AM »
Much as I would love to play it, it still sounds v expensive as a winter offer compared to the deals you can get at other quality heathland courses - Woking, Worplesdon etc. I am playing the Addington for £50 next week (36 holes plus breakfast), and St George's Hill on 16 April for £81 - 36 holes, breakfast and lunch. Even so, I still want to play Sunningdale and will have to cough up one day. It seems like the society rate at around £200 in summer for 36 holes, lunch etc is the best option - better than £260 just for golf in summer or £150 in winter.

Ken McGlynn

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »
Cristian

ISuggest you do same and dont forget to stop off at the "half-way house"  ;)

It's been years since my last Sunningdale visit, but I distinctly remember grabbing a sausage sandwich (or 3!!) after playing the wonderful downhill Par 4 10th on the Old Course. Maybe the only on-course food that rivals it is are those hot dog shaped burgers at Olympic Lake.

Tom Birkert

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 01:22:38 PM »
http://www.sunningdale-golfclub.co.uk/site/general_info/

I saw the Sunningdale winter offer today : 150 UKP to play old and new until 30 March. As I am planning to come to London next week, and have a day to spare it seems like an interesting offer. Does anybody know the current condition of the courses?

Is it a worthwile offer?

The courses are in fabulous shape. The greens on The New are the best I've seen them at this time of year and while the greens on The Old weren't in quite as good shape last week by now they should be pretty damn good. As mentioned, it's the Foursomes next week so they've been being prepared with that in mind.

The 16th of The Old is now fully open for play following the changes to the bunkering and it's a much harder hole now, especially the drive.

Is £150 value? Depends. Compared to what you'd pay at Wentworth then definitely. It's probably the best 36 holes of golf in terms of quality of the two courses in England.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back