News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jonathan Cummings

ExPESSive
« on: January 12, 2009, 09:42:54 PM »
What's up with airfares across The Pond?  I'm going to Ireland in June and Scotland in October and in many years of arranging tickets, I've never seen such steep airfares.  Is the reduced Euro somewhat to blame??

JC

Jed Peters

Re: ExPESSive
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 10:08:10 PM »

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 01:45:10 AM »
Difficult to see why the euro would make flights expensive, it will however make Ireland very expensive. Ireland may take a big dip in UK golfing visitors this year with costs up nearly 30% in the last year.

Flights the other way are very cheap at the moment we are paying £600 aka $900 LHR-Chicago then Boston-LHR in BA premium economy in June. Business LHR-JFK is around £1100 with the premium airlines.
Cave Nil Vino

JSPayne

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 08:15:08 AM »
Interesting.......I'm not sure what "normal" prices are since I've never gone before, but my wife and I already booked round trip tickets from San Francisco to Ireland in late March for under $800 a piece.

Like I said, I don't know if that's high for that flight, but what I do know is that we're pretty excited we can fly half way around the world for cheaper than our friends and family are finding round-trip flights to Hawaii or New York out of CA (both say those tickets are going for just over $1000 each).

And I also could be off base on the exchange rates, but when I last looked at it, the Euro, GBP and SEK were at nearly the same exact rates as when I lived over there 8 years ago. Seems decent enough to me!

P.S. Nice spelling on the thread title! :D
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." -E.E. Cummings

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back