News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

I know a lot of you guys are always looking for ways to play some of the best courses in the country. Well, here is an opportunity that I think you can sink your teeth into... the Rounds 4 Research auction to benefit turfgrass research.

Created by the Carolinas Golf Course Superintendents Association, Rounds 4 Research allows golfers to bid on foursomes and golf packages at some of the best courses and resorts in the Carolinas. All proceeds from this auction benefit the turfgrass research programs at Clemson University and North Carolina State University.

The auction does not begin until April 19, but I thought you would be so impressed with the list of courses offered that you would want to bookmark the link for future reference.

Here is a link to the website: http://www.rounds4research.com/index.shtml

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 07:33:48 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Greg Clark

Thanks for posting. 

CJ Carder

Sounds like a great idea, thanks!  I don't know much about the management or memberships of the clubs, but it strikes me as interesting that private clubs like Forest Creek and a few others donated rounds, but others such as CCNC, Wade-Hampton, Old North State, Bulls Bay, etc are nowhere to be found.  Is there a protocol that clubs use to determine stuff like this?  Is it up to the membership or does the head pro decide?  Just curious how those types of decisions usually get made.

astavrides

Warning:  bagpipe alert.  mute the sound before you click on the link.  unless you like bagpipes.  One of the things I hate in a golf website. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back