News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JESII

Re: is this a good use of a tree?
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2008, 02:09:03 PM »
No, not a good use. Cut it down and give it to a bum to use during the winter in a burn barrel. That would be a good use of a tree.

That's always an interesting perspective to me. This seems like a tree that can stand on its own and provide some very distinct options to the player and also demand some degree of execution from the player. Some combination of those to two are what make great holes and shots...no?

John Moore II

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 02:20:15 PM »
No, not a good use. Cut it down and give it to a bum to use during the winter in a burn barrel. That would be a good use of a tree.

That's always an interesting perspective to me. This seems like a tree that can stand on its own and provide some very distinct options to the player and also demand some degree of execution from the player. Some combination of those to two are what make great holes and shots...no?

I suppose so. Maybe I am just venting some irritation at this moment.

Sean Leary

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2008, 02:34:34 PM »
Lets get something straight...an earlier post suggested the tree was 300 yards from the back tee, and now Sean Leary is saying the US Am qualifier contestants were aiming absurdly left of the tree...what am I missing?  These guys do not carry the ball 330 yards.

Sully,

It is not 300 yards from the back tee, it is about 275-280 downhill. It may have been a bit downwind that day as well. I will shoot it this weekend to make sure...

JESII

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2008, 02:48:40 PM »
Chip,

From the back tees, the tree is probably 300 yards out, and from the tees up it is about 260.  Either way, the play is to the right to take the slope.  The farther right you are in the fairway, the better the angle anyways.

Cheers,
Jordan

Youthful exuberance...

I think the tree is much more valuable to the hole than the bunkers on the hill.

Sean Leary

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2008, 03:04:59 PM »
Chip,

From the back tees, the tree is probably 300 yards out, and from the tees up it is about 260.  Either way, the play is to the right to take the slope.  The farther right you are in the fairway, the better the angle anyways.

Cheers,
Jordan

Youthful exuberance...

I think the tree is much more valuable to the hole than the bunkers on the hill.

Played the hole probably 250 times with scratch players and have seen 1 ball in those bunkers. Those long enough to reach them are aiming left.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back