News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JWinick

Re: Go for the food and tolerate the golf.
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2008, 12:27:02 PM »
I thought people from Utah didn't drink beer.

So you say, Kalen, so you say........ ;D

Have a nice day.

More like so I've tasted, so I've tasted.

Next time you're in San Diego, seek out a nice Stone IPA and Alesmith Speedway Stout...you won't regret it.  And if you can find it on tap, all the better.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2008, 12:52:06 PM »
John,

If the golf truely sucked that bad, I think I would eat twice, forget the golf.  No use wasting four hours when it could be one.  Plus, there is the odd chance you get a decent looking waitress, which magnifies the hour, and so on and so on.  Next thing you know you have a big juicy steak, a cute blonde checking on you every five minutes, and some fancy drink that makes you think she likes you (which she probably does).

Now, on the other hand, if I had to play with a salesmen the next day...thats different altogether.  I still dont see why you couldn't go out to eat twice with the man.  Picture, you save a long time sucking up and playing terrible (on purpose), and instead you get to enjoy his BS over some villo scallipini or something.  Then, get the not so cute waitress, and stick him with some drinks, and you can laugh the next day because he got denied by her.  Even better, now you can go eat a third time, but not with the salesmen (who didn't end up selling anything anyways), and then go to that cute blonde, and not get denied.  That's like three hours of eating, one hour with a blonde (at least at the restaurant), and a round of golf on a boring course you didn't have to play.

The ideal place to do this is Pullman.  Technically it's a secret but there is only one good golf course and every other course in the vicinity (there aren't many) is like the Brittany Spears to pop music (probably should be gone).  But, the restaurants are pretty tasty and your essentially guaranteed to have a cute waitress.  So, your set all ways.

Cheers,
Jordan

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2008, 04:43:50 PM »
Jordan,

Never play poorly on purpose because it makes you either a fool or weak.  I was brought in as a ringer and I rang the bell to the tune of 16 drives.  We won and everybody was happy.

I'm still going back someday and asking about those $16 drinks.

mike_beene

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2008, 08:12:51 PM »
Rapha's alone makes Dallas first on the list...and I am heading over there now.

Jordan Wall

Re: Go for the food and tolerate the golf. New
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2008, 08:19:19 PM »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 02:20:21 PM by Jordan Wall »

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2008, 09:23:49 PM »
One thing is very clear from this thread - a lot of guys on here need to get passports and venture beyond the US!  The definitive answer is pretty much anywhere in Continental Europe.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2008, 10:41:28 PM »
As long as we're on this topic, I found a beer that is better than -- yes -- even my long-worshipped Miller High Life.  ;)

As an added bonus, Leffe has much higher alcohol content.

TX Golf

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2008, 10:43:56 PM »
Kalen,

The Stone IPA is incredible.... especially with the extra AC. Have you had the Bastard Ale??

Kalen Braley

« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2008, 12:46:55 AM »
I thought people from Utah didn't drink beer.

So you say, Kalen, so you say........ ;D

Have a nice day.

More like so I've tasted, so I've tasted.

Next time you're in San Diego, seek out a nice Stone IPA and Alesmith Speedway Stout...you won't regret it.  And if you can find it on tap, all the better.

JW,

I'm not a Utah native, and I suffer while here.  While there are a few good selections in the bottle, I can't get anythin good on tap due to state booze laws.

Robert,

I've tried most of Stones offerings...more than 10 at least.  I do love the IPA and Arrogant bastard ale for sure.  When your feeling frisky, try his big brother the Double Bastard Ale, thats a mans beer right there.

San Diego may be so-so in the golf dept, but for the beer, its the golf-equivalant of living in Monterey, except its all accessible!!  ;D

Gerry B

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2008, 01:02:58 AM »
Charleston? i would disagree - yeamans/ CCC  / Kiawah Ocean course - plus a couple of other good courses seal the deal

Boston ? - also disagree - irrespective of Private or Public - besides TCC - Myopia / Essex / Salem / Kittansett  and the rhode island  / cape courses    - plus a few others are really good

Richard Choi

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2008, 01:31:05 AM »
If we are going to talk about beer...

Best. Beer. Ever.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back