News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ken Fry

Nicklaus' The Chase at Coyote Springs
« on: October 24, 2008, 10:34:33 PM »
This course had it's grand opening around May of this year.  I searched for any comments from someone who's played the course but no luck.  Anyone have a go at this facility yet?

Ken

Mike Mosely

Re: Nicklaus' The Chase at Coyote Springs
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:37:59 PM »
aren't we done with ridiculous names like that?  That have "at" in the middle like some stupid compromise?  The challenge at manale.  The raven at Sabino springs.  The chase at coyote springs.

Chase????  What are we chasing?  Why is the coyote near a spring?

What do we get of we catch a birdie? ;D  An eagle?

That reminds me of that old commercial with rosie grier and one of the pittsburgh steelers.

"This beer won't fill you up when you're out there trying to get birdies!"

"Yeah, those things move awfully fast..."

Rob Rigg

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 01:52:15 AM »
Mike,

There was a significant event at Coyote Springs - The Chase - that had something to do with stage coaches, bank robbers, Billy the Kid, etc. The Chase was a historical turning point for whatever state it was in because it resulted in a public outcry for improved law enforcement and government which provided a foundation for statehood.

I think this name is absolutely appropriate . . . ;D

God save the Queen!

Rob Rigg

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 02:02:12 AM »
I just looked at the course tour on the website.

Most of the approaches and par 3s are very monotonous. Water front, front left, or front right. Bunkers around the rest of the green.

Target schmarget.

The setting appears to be quite striking and I am sure the course is aesthetically pleasing.

O yeah, the course is in Nevada - so the Chase was a key factor in the statehood of Nevada. How interesting!  :o

Ken Fry

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 07:22:42 AM »
Ok guys.  The Warren Course AT Notre Dame.....  Let's take it easy on the "at" thing... ;)

I've been to the website many times for Coyote Crossing.  I'm familiar with it's history and grand plans.  The first course has apparently opened with barely a whisper.  I'm curious to hear of anyone that's actually made the drive from Vegas to see the place.

Ken

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 09:07:56 AM »
Is there anything "there" yet besides the golf course?

Are people really buying houses "there?"
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back