News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Lederach GC New
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:53:32 AM »
Deleted

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 07:00:14 AM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024: Ashridge, Kennemer, de Pan, Eindhoven, Hilversumche, Royal Ostend & Alnmouth

Rich Goodale

Re: Lederach GC
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:06:26 AM »
Excellent report, Sean.  You and Kelly (both 2HCPs who pretend they are 9....), must have had a great match!

We look forward to your report from the war zone in Philly.  Has TEP ordered up the heavy artillery yet?

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 05:56:34 AM »
Great stuff Sean.  Pleased to see your picture taking abilities extend to both sides of the pond!

I look forward to getting a first hand account of your travels at Beau Desert next week.  Most of the UK is still basking in warm sunshine so let's hope it lasts til then ;D
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 06:13:18 AM »
Sean - great report on Lederach!   It's nice to see the grow-in going well.

Does anybody know how the public has taken to the course?  Except for #11, I really liked the course. 

FYI - It's operated by Billy Casper golf, and I think they're doing a really nice job.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:16:36 AM »
I've played Lederach about 20 times since it opened and will play there for the first time this year tomorrow. As far as the general public is concerned, it's either love it or hate it. Center line bunkers and challenging greens are not the formula for recreational golfers to like this course their first time around.My barber won't return after 4 putting the first green. Consequently, repeat business may be questionable. Joe Logan's lukewarm review in the Inquirer probably didn't help much. However, for those who want something more than the usual average public in the area- Center Square or Limekiln, for example- it's a welcome and challenging experience.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Joe Bausch

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 07:31:50 AM »
Steve and I will be playing Lederach tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM.  There is room for a 4th if some fellow GCAer would like to join us.

If you want more photos of Lederach, here is a thread I started last October:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,31747.0.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 07:59:35 AM by Joe Bausch »
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

BCrosby

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 01:37:13 PM »
KBM -

Congratulations on Lederach. I say that not just because it looks good, which it does. It also looks like you tried to incorporate a lot the things that you have discussed here at GCA and at other places about what make TOC and ANGC so special.

I very much want to see your course. I hope it will happen soon.

Bob

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 11:09:05 PM »
Kelly - what Bob said.

Sean - thanks yet again. I'm particularly partial to #2, #8, #14, and #15. I don't know what they have in common, if anything, but somehow the 'feel' is the same.

Peter
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 11:12:51 PM by Peter Pallotta »

Mike Erdmann

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 11:35:18 PM »
Got to play Lederach a couple weeks back with the Redanman.  Other than #11, which just didn't work for me at all, I REALLY enjoyed the course.  Kelly took a lot of chances with this being a muni, and did a wonderful job.  I think Kelly did a marvelous job with bold, creative greens and very strategic holes.  It's just too bad that the routing was compromised with the housing development (and a particularly unattractive housing development at that), as this is a really special public course.  Of all the architects out there today, KBM has got to be the most underrated in my book.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back