News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adrian_Stiff

Re: Augusta National vs. TPC Sawgrass - which is the better venue?
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 05:06:05 PM »
I agree Kalen- I think 17 & 18 are a bit weaker as holes, although I think the 60 yard grow at the 18th has made this a real toughie now and is for the better. 10 - 16 are the wow holes, without this run of 7 and the associated history maybe ANGC might have got lost. I quite like the quirk of 8 but theres not much on the front nine that jumps out, although perhaps they are different in the flesh.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Jim Johnson

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 11:01:44 PM »
I agree with Kalen....17 & 18 at ANGC are good holes, but for some reason, they've just never given me the excitement that I experience while watching play on the first 7 holes of that back side.

JJ

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 11:33:54 AM »
Please remind me of one great shot ever hit at 18 on TPC.
That guy who's name I forget chipping in from over by the grandstand.

Craig Perks?
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Kalen Braley

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 11:38:10 AM »
I think TPC peaks right at the end with 16-18 adding a lot of drama, irrespective of if one thinks they are good golf holes or not.

With 17 and 18 at ANGC, sure there can be drama, but usually not on the same level as 11-15 where a guy can do that stretch at 4 over or 4 under.

David Stamm

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 11:38:35 AM »
ANGC. But I'd take TOC over them both to watch a tourney.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

J_ Crisham

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »
The walk up the 18th at Augusta is unlike any in golf. The tee shot is through a 300 yd tunnel. The tee shot at TPC on 18 is simply a blast into the right rough. At the end of the day a win at Augusta guarantees immortality in the world of golf - a win at TPC gets a 10 yr exemption. Who on this site wouldn't give their left nut for the green jacket? Better yet who hasn't daydreamed about the victory speech they would give after slipping on the green jacket! ;)           

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back