News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Johnson

Teetimes in Arizona
« on: April 06, 2008, 07:12:09 PM »
My wife (30+ hdcp) and I (15 hdcp) will be traveling to Arizona next month for the first time. The plan is to golf for the first 3 days, and then head to the north and hike/camp for 3 days at Havasu Falls near the Grand Canyon.

Arriving in Phoenix Sunday evening May 11th, we have teetimes at WeKoPa Saguaro (hopefully walking) on Monday morning May 12th @ 8:40am and at WeKoPa Cholla (riding) on Tuesday morning May 13th @ 8:40am, and then up at Sedona Golf Resort on Wednesday morning May 14th @ 10:12am.

If any of you would like to join us for any of these, please let me know. It would be great to get some tips from some of the locals for us crazy Canucks  :)

Thanks,
J.J.

Jason Connor

Re: Teetimes in Arizona
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 07:15:07 PM »
There are plenty of great resort / vacation courses.  So I'll recommend something under-the-radar.

If you're looking for a fun quick round, there is a course called Augusta Ranch that's short but fun (e.g. no par 5s, par 61).

Might be a fun round for the Mrs.  It was in great shape when I was there a few Februaries ago.

We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

Jim Johnson

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 01:09:20 AM »
Jason, perhaps "next time" we visit Arizona we can try Augusta Ranch. Unfortunately our time is limited and the 3 rounds at We Ko Pa and Sedona will be all of our golf for this trip.

J.J.

Tony Petersen

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 03:24:21 AM »
All of the courses that you've mentioned for your upcoming trip have generous fairways and fantastic green complexes... Hope the wife stays out of the bunkers at We-Ko-Pa and enjoy the beautiful desert-scape. It truly is beautiful country around We-Ko-Pa and Sedona has to be one of the most prettiest places in the world.

I think you're in for a great time. The only thing I might mention is Oak Creek in Sedona. I'm a big fan, but I'm a sucker for eye candy and oak trees  ;)
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back