News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt MacIver

Re: How many greens at YOUR course(s) prevent the ground game?
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »
My course (18 years old and 50% renovated a few years back by a member of the original team) may generously have 11/7 and I would really have to measure for the required 30 ft opening.  My count has it more like 7-8 run- up candidates. 

Someone mentioned Kingsbarns earlier - a ground game delight.  #18 is the only one that definitively does not allow for ground game, so get your 5 wood ready or play for bogey.  #4 might have too narrow an opening (I was somewhat, shall we say, out of position, on my sole round, to have an accurate view).  #13 may require an aeriel shot if par is the desired goal, but it is the shortest par 3 at 135 yards and seems reasonable.  The picturesque par 3 15th probably allows enough room for a run- up on the left....unsure...wish I had THAT shot over again. 

J_ Crisham

Re: How many greens at YOUR course(s) prevent the ground game?
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2008, 09:44:47 PM »
Beverly CC in Chicago ,

One could probably run the ball in on possibly 10 of the holes but this would not guarantee being close to where the pin  is positioned. Given the severity of the green slopes flying the ball in seems to be a better option on some of the holes with green openings.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back