News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

igrowgrass

Re:Chambers Bay pics/thoughts
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2007, 11:12:16 PM »
The Pac-10/Big Ten Challenge will be held at Chambers Bay this year, Oct. 21 and 22.  The Big Ten Network is going to be covering the event.  No information is listed regarding air times, but as it gets closer I would imagine the would post something.  
bigtennetwork.com

RJ_Daley

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2007, 11:18:42 PM »
Thanks for the info Sean.  Our local course clubhouse gets that station on the dish.  My local cable does not have it.  So, I'll have to bug them to tune in.  
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tim Bert

« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2007, 11:43:59 PM »

On another note, I absolutely hate how they choose their pins.  Its always front, back, middle....that trend is followed even if the first pin is middle or back (m,b,f, or b,f, m).  I like it when there are two or three of the same pins in a row.  Sometimes interesting pin locations are lost by following such a routine.  For instance, the three best pins on 8, 9, and 10 are all back locations (imo), yet in the same round each of those pin locations would be different.  Every time.

The same could be said for any course that has pre-planned pin regions, even if it isn't front, middle, back.  Seems like region 1, 2, 3 is a common approach for many resort-style courses.  I was surprised this summer to see that Bandon had added pin locations 1, 2, 3 to the yardage books.  Perhaps they've always done pin locations and only told the caddies, but any time a course picks that all 18 holes are going to be in "section 1" or "section 2" for the day, then you run into the same type of pattern where there will be certain combos of cool pin locations that never appear in the same round.  What's more frustrating if you are only playing a limited number of rounds is if you catch the course in the same cycle twice and don't get to experience any new locations for the entire 18.

Norbert P

« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2007, 02:14:41 AM »
"It's a mob scene."  What Jack Whittaker said at Augusta to be banned from the course thereafter.

Notice any divots?

Garland telling Jay what HE would have done.

Jordan in infamous pink shirt.

Dugger in racing stripes.
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Norbert P

« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2007, 02:43:57 AM »

Beaches #16

View from directly behind THE lone tree (Pseudotsuga menziesii).  

(Take note of the exposed soil)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:50:10 AM by Slag Bandoon »
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Garland Bayley

« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2007, 01:15:15 PM »
"It's a mob scene."  What Jack Whittaker said at Augusta to be banned from the course thereafter.

Notice any divots?

Garland telling Jay what HE would have done.

Jordan in infamous pink shirt.

Dugger in racing stripes.
Recognizable GCAers
Far left Greg Cameron
White cap front striped jacket Michael Dugger
White hair in background Bill Cosgrove
Just right of and in front of Bill, Bob Jenkins
Right of Bob and in far back, tall drink of water is Pat Howard,
In all beige, Yours truly
In front of me, Jay Blasi
Right of me with pink shirt under jacket, JORDAN WALL
Behind white capped person on far right, Jesse Jones
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Michael Dugger

« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2007, 02:47:39 PM »
Geez I look fat.   >:( (thanks a lot for posting this Slag  :P)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:48:50 PM by Michael Dugger »
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

igrowgrass

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2007, 10:22:32 PM »
Pink strikes again.....

Pat Howard

« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2007, 10:45:56 PM »
Remember where this shot ended up Sean?  ;)
We need to work on your grip a little Jo! But in all seriousness, it was fun to tee it up with you again Jordan, and Sean, let's do it again real soon before winter fully sets in...

Jordan Wall

« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2007, 11:00:43 PM »
Pink strikes again.....

Who the hell would that be Sean?

He looks muscular, a definite ladies man...

Mike Wagner

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2007, 12:17:34 AM »
Pat:

I know your brother Bill from IGC - we need to go play.  He says you're as big of a golf freak as me.

Mike

Norbert P

« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2007, 04:52:44 PM »
The 18th on GCA Day.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back