News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Re:Liberty National GC, host of the 2009 Barclays Championship
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 12:34:21 PM »
I realize that New Yorkers know how to get along by rail.  I wonder how many who would come will actually use public transportation.  

I think it is great that Merion is getting an Open but they will have to limit ticket sales.  After playing LN I just don't know how many fans they can accomodate.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Michael_Stachowicz

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 08:43:27 AM »
Steve,

I think they did pretty well for having helicoptered in a Florida real estate style course, shoehorned it next to a highway, surrounded it with dopey little hardwoods and blocked the best views with high rise.

They are touting the views at this course, yet they have planted so many trees that will eventually block the views out.

Bruce Katona

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 09:21:17 AM »
Mike : It makes perfect sense for the PGA, corporate sponsers and the equipment comapnies to be in the NYC Metro market (the strongest market in the US), but not the owners of the club, which was my point.....there is no way for the club owners to obtain a positive return on their investment in the course and facility....even if the attraction of the PGA event completely fills the membership with the subsiquent initiation fees and dues....... the cost of land, environmental remediation, course construction, clubhouse construction, grow-in, cost of money and on-going annual operating defecits more than outpace those revenues.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 10:54:57 AM »
I realize that New Yorkers know how to get along by rail.  I wonder how many who would come will actually use public transportation.  

I guess you've never sung "New York, New York" on the subway after a Yankee win....

It is thrilling.
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Voytek Wilczak

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2007, 11:39:26 AM »
.....there is no way for the club owners to obtain a positive return on their investment in the course and facility....even if the attraction of the PGA event completely fills the membership with the subsiquent initiation fees and dues....... the cost of land, environmental remediation, course construction, clubhouse construction, grow-in, cost of money and on-going annual operating defecits more than outpace those revenues.

That's where the three planned condo towers development comes in, in which the golf course owners are partners. It's a gamble, to be sure, but the luxury condo market in Jersey City has remained remarkably strong. They are actually pouring the foundations for the clubhouse and the first tower right now.

redanman

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 12:20:17 PM »
I wanted to read up on Liberty National. Sorry to bring this up to the front.

I can never get the "search function" to work usefully for me. I tried every combo of Liberty National, Cupp & Kite and got nothing but links to each word.  

Anyone with useful tips about effective searches, please IM me.

Kalen Braley

Steve Lapper

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 06:45:16 PM »
I wanted to read up on Liberty National. Sorry to bring this up to the front.

I can never get the "search function" to work usefully for me. I tried every combo of Liberty National, Cupp & Kite and got nothing but links to each word.  

Anyone with useful tips about effective searches, please IM me.

Redanman:

Is Liberty seeking your endorsement yet? 8)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 06:45:39 PM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back