News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

I thought Primm Valley was a blight on the senic beauty of the drive from Vegas to L.A.  Many golf courses locate maintenance buildings and stock piles out of view of their members but in view of neighbors.  What responsibility if any do golf course architects and owners have to the those who either live or drive by the back ends of their courses?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 03:34:22 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:Golf course architecture from the outside looking in..
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 01:44:32 PM »
John,
When you talk of scenic beauty between LA and Lost Wages, check out the area about 25 miles or more past Baker, just past the road that will lead you to Death Valley. It's spectacular golf land. Dunes as imaginative as your mind will take you, and I'm sure in the hands of an unimaginative architect--the perfect area to locate the superintendent's building and other eyesores with-in sight.

John Kavanaugh

Re:Golf course architecture from the outside looking in..
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 03:33:20 PM »
John,
When you talk of scenic beauty between LA and Lost Wages, check out the area about 25 miles or more past Baker, just past the road that will lead you to Death Valley. It's spectacular golf land. Dunes as imaginative as your mind will take you, and I'm sure in the hands of an unimaginative architect--the perfect area to locate the superintendent's building and other eyesores with-in sight.

The Primm Valley thing was interesting in that I had never been to Shadow Creek and thought it was further out of town.  I had also never heard of Primm Valley, so was surprised at the obvious golf oasis...I first thought that I couldn't believe how cheaply the perimiter landscaping was done..then I found out it was a cheap course.

One of my favorite golf courses from the outside is St. Louis CC...I like the rare peek into an exclusive club from a public road.

Adam Clayman

It's pretty easy to grow Oleander to mitigate the negative visuals.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Michael Blake

I drive by Plymouth Country Club (Flynn design I think--maybe some of the other Phila guys and/or Flynn experts could elaborate) alot and there are a handful of holes visible from the street and from the homes across the street.

My eyes are always drawn to the bunkering.

Very pleasing to the eye.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back