News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

James Bennett

Re:The Barnbougle Experience
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 01:53:26 AM »
Rob

ohmagawd, speechless. :o

Can the gallery be 'acquired' for say displaying on a TV at a golf club?  Fantastic wallpaper.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Scott Szabo

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 02:11:40 AM »
Thanks for putting this together for all of us.  It will probably be quite a while before the Barnbougle experience becomes a reality for me.

Is this site great or what?  And it is so because of the people that are willing to devote their own time to it!

Scott
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Rob_Babcock

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 10:37:24 AM »
Can the gallery be 'acquired' for say displaying on a TV at a golf club?  

Hi James - The Barnbougle slideshow is done with Flash and is pretty much tied to a web browser. However, I do have an "Australia Golf Adventure Movie" (on DVD) that I created for myself as a momento of the trip that includes not only BBD (although slightly fewer photos), but also Royal Melbourne (both courses), Kingston Heath, The Metropolitan, and a few of Royal Adelaide. That could be played on a TV. One problem is that the movie/DVD is built for North America (NTSC format). Are you on PAL format? I could possible rebuild and burn it for PAL, but that would take some time.

Rob

PS - I'm heading out of town for a week and probably won't have web access during that time.

grandwazo

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 02:53:05 PM »
rob
amazing, absolutely amazing.  thank you for the time and effort you put in to this.  can you tell us more about your trip, where else did you play, how much time did you have, how easy was it to get around? i'd love to make this trip someday, coming from NY, what is your advice with regards to the best way to structure such a trip?
again, thank you for the pictures, you have inspired me to find a way to get to tasmania sooner than later.
regards
jeff

James Bennett

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 08:21:19 PM »
Rob

PM sent

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

David Stamm

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »
Rob, thank you for posting that! If that doesn't get you pumped to go there, then nothing will. Another reminder of the tremendous work Mr. Doak and his crew continue to put out.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Greg Clark

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2007, 12:00:05 AM »
Thanks for sharing.  What a great job you did in putting that together.  Kudos to Mr. Doak as well.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back