News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Braunsdorf

Re:Need one "wacko" for Atlantic City--Thur. at noon
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 04:33:43 PM »
As to the original topic however, better get while there's gettin' to be had...Harrah's just sold to private equity...and I doubt they give a damn about a Tom Doak / William Flynn collaboration.

C'mon Sully, lighten up, willya?

Man...what a buzz kill!   ::)

I'm sure if we stay here long enough we'll probably only learn that ACCC was originally designed by Macdonald and Whigham anyway...no great loss.   ;D

Mike-

Well, now you know, it can't be proven he wasn't there, so from that, we can hypothesize, extrapolate, glue non-related quotes together and come up with the conclusion that he was there... ;)

It works better if we've never really been there, as well.  Then we know more than those who play there regularly.  

« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 04:46:17 PM by Doug Braunsdorf »
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 04:40:57 PM »
Doug,

Enjoy ACCC!

Shoot me a line and let me know what you think of the redan and alps holes there.  ;)  ;D

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2006, 04:45:48 PM »
Doug,

Enjoy ACCC!

Shoot me a line and let me know what you think of the redan and alps holes there.  ;)  ;D

Did you advise on their construction, or the construction of the entire course?  ;)
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 04:50:25 PM »
Doug

My inflamed right shoulder prevented me from becoming the "wacko" of the day; otherwise I would be there instead of you. I'll make it there someday in the off season when the rates are more manageable. Take some pics.

Steve
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

mike_malone

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2006, 05:36:41 PM »
  The guy who set this up allowed me to invite a "wacko" on the condition that we would walk on the other side of the fairway from them.
AKA Mayday

James Bennett

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2006, 07:27:55 PM »
Jordan

I was thinking more of Rodney Dangerfield in his 'back to college' film.  "Your a Mellon!"  And that dive he performed at the end.  Was it a triple Latzy or something similar.  Going from the high board, onto the middle board, onto the lower board and then into the pool, complete with twists and somersaults.

James B

I was nearly right.  The film was 'Back to School' made in 1986.  Rodney Dangerfield played Thornton Mellon (was he any relation to Carnegie Mellon?).  The dive at the end of hte film (the bathing suit scene) was a Triple Lindy.  And apparently, the hall where Mellon did the three hour oral exam (1 question, in 28 parts) was the same hall used in the Flashdance film of a similar era.

Oh, and Mayday, what a great line.  Two wacko's play together so they could talk to each other and leave the other pair alone.  Talk about LOL.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 07:49:32 PM »
James,

Yes, but most people respectfully request that I walk on the other side of the fairway from them.

That is, unless you're Kyle Harris, where I'm 50 yards in front of him on every drive, I'm forced to keep my distance from him ;)  ;D

Kyle Harris

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2006, 07:51:04 PM »
James,

Yes, but most people respectfully request that I walk on the other side of the fairway from them.

That is, unless you're Kyle Harris, where I'm 50 yards in front of him on every drive, I'm forced to keep my distance from him ;)  ;D

What Doug fails to mention is the exact directional meaning of "in front."

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2006, 08:01:55 PM »
James,

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear...sometimes, I'm 300 yards in front of Kyle, like when he foozles one to just shy of the women's tee or sends a screaming quacker three fairways to the left, I may be more than 50 yards.  Sorry if I caused any confusion.  

Kyle Harris

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2006, 08:03:56 PM »
James,

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear...sometimes, I'm 300 yards in front of Kyle, like when he foozles one to just shy of the women's tee or sends a screaming quacker three fairways to the left, I may be more than 50 yards.  Sorry if I caused any confusion.  

You still need 5 a side to be beat me 1-up or at worse 3 and 2 after I put in a full day of work.

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2006, 01:22:08 AM »
James,

You still need 5 a side to be beat me 1-up or at worse 3 and 2 after I put in a full day of work.

That's good, sounds like you're on the MacWood/Moriarty team of slightly changing the subject.  I thought we were talking about distance.  

In "generosity of spirit" of the holiday, I was going to give this one to you, too.  

We have nothing to prove, or disprove, that I need five a side, though...wait, from you???

;D

Kyle Harris

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2006, 05:06:38 AM »
Distance don't matter unless your name is Jason Zuback.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back