News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_Roths

Questions (Carthage & Dismal)
« on: September 01, 2006, 12:16:55 AM »
First one is Matt's statement on another thread:

"The Dismal River layout is far from bringing down the immediate region as you state -- frankly -- I believe the future plans that DR is contemplating will accelerate the interest of a great many golfers who likely would never be able to access the area for a whole host of reasons."

Matt or Anyone- does this mean public courses at Dismal?  I ask because I am trying to figure out what the hell these guys are doing.  I have heard in various circles that they are putting $20mm into this thing and I just can't figure out why or how they are going to get a return on their investment.

My second question is the new private course that Coore and Crenshaw are doing in Pinehurst.  Is this the Carthage club?  I am guessing this is a stretch but thought I would ask.  Here is the list of their new slate of courses:

In Planning or Under Construction

The Tribute (construction to begin in late 2005) Bend, Oregon

Sugarloaf Mountain (construction underway) Orlando, Florida

Spring Valley; Aspen, Colorado (construction to begin Spring, 2007)

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (construction to begin Winter, 2007)

The Bahamas (construction to begin January 2007)

Pinehurst (18 holes, Private, construction to begin early 2008)

Palmetto Bluff; Bluffton, S.C. (18 holes to begin in mid-2008)

Tom_Doak

Re:Questions (Carthage & Dismal)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 01:11:54 PM »
Wow, that's the most courses they've ever done in a short period.

I envy that they have their construction schedule lined up so far in advance -- half of my prospective clients are the dreamer type, never know for sure when (or if) they are going to break ground.

But, the good news is that Bill and Ben are fully booked for two more years, so I don't have to compete with them for any of the people who are calling us right now!

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 01:19:25 PM »
Steve,
Carthage club is the course Ran dreams of building in the sandhills of North Carolina.

IMHO, and I think Ted Sturges will agree with me that he is full of Rice Carolina.... ;)

Gary Daughters

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 01:23:09 PM »

I think Ran said the Carthage bubble burst when stocks did same.
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »
What's the story on Spring Valley? Where is it?
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 03:14:52 PM »
Steve: When we are at DR it was explained to us that the facility will include a second 18 hole course plus a clubhouse with many amenities, stocked trout ponds, fly fishing, etc., and at that time you could purchase a national equity membership for $25K with very reasonable dues.  They said that is the lowest membership you can find for a Nicklaus Signature course.  I don't think Matt meant to say that it would be public but access to SH is very limited so here's your alternative.  Don't forget that Wild Horse is under $50.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back