News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tiger_Bernhardt

Sunset Grove Country Club in Orange, Texas
« on: July 10, 2006, 06:57:47 PM »
A USGA rep told me about this course at a Greens Comm meeting today. He said original Ross built in 1923 with minmal changes. I am going to play there sometime during the next 10 days. Has anyone heard of this gem.

MarkT

Re:Sunset Grove Country Club in Orange, Texas
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 07:10:02 PM »
Tiger,
I have played it several times. It's a hidden gem in the state of Texas. I haven't played it in about 10 years but the conditions aren't usually the best.  The layout is fun and it's can be fairly difficult to score on. It's just one of those courses that you walk off and say "wow, that was a fun, neat little course".

They're trying to land a major hotel to the area and in return, get the hotel to fund renovation to the course.

http://www.southeasttexaslive.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16216257&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512588&rfi=6
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:16:03 PM by Mark Tilker »

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 09:42:09 PM »
Thanks Mark, I will ask about the condition when I pick the day to play. Let me know if you live in the area and would like to play it again.

MarkT

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 12:24:35 AM »
Tiger,
Would love to hook up with you when I get back from my Lubbock-Santa Fe-Albuquerque golf trip next week. I live about 30 miles from there.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back