News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Craig Sweet

Golf Digest and Golf Towns
« on: May 28, 2006, 11:55:31 AM »
I was just looking at the June issue and the article about the best towns for golf....

I can't speak for all the regions covered in this story, but the information for the "mountain west" is extremely inaccurate,

First of all, under "playable days" they have several high elevation, mountain courses, with more "playable days" than lower elevation, valley courses. This simply is not true. There is NO WAY they have a month longer season in Big Sky Montana, than Missoula, MT. Nor is the season in Jackson Hole as long as the season in Billings, MT.

Second, under cost of living, they have the resort communities of Jackson Hole, Big Sky, and Coeur d' Alene, having a LOWER cost of living than Missoula and Billings. Simply amazing.

All in all, an interesting, inaccurate look at "golf towns".
LOCK HIM UP!!!

ed_getka

Re:Golf Digest and Golf Towns
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 03:24:30 PM »
Craig,
    Marketers don't really feel compelled to use facts. They will say whatever will work. Unfortunately most golfers have nothing else to go by.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 03:34:22 PM »
Ed, are you suggesting that Golf Digest is in cahoots with marketers, or are you suggesting they don't do any fact checking?

Actually, judging by the content, I would say both....
LOCK HIM UP!!!

ed_getka

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 10:35:49 PM »
Craig,
    Follow the money. :(
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

ChipRoyce

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 09:38:21 AM »
Maybe some other cities worked to buy their way onto the Golf Digest city lists.

We here in Austin, TX didn't have to resort to such antics. A core group here have been trying to let y'all know about the abundant resources here (Beer, Music and Golf) and unfortunately not enough of you have taken notice.

;D

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 09:42:37 AM »
Chip, please do not leave out whisky and women as well. Austin has it all, unfortunately it also has Mack Brown.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back