News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us.

Harmony

If anyone is still curious, an update on Harmony
« on: May 24, 2006, 11:05:53 AM »
The status of Doak's Harmony course is updated on a News bulletin on the club web site..www.harmonyclubgolf.com.
Some of you out there had/have an interest or curiosity about the ultimate outcome of this project.
The entity now studying the feasibility of building the course has a surplus of cattle in the pen, and capital will not be an issue.
The site remains one of the very best opportunities to get a distinctly different Doak course built in the Southeast.  His routing and holes found out of this topo could be one of his best works that don't overlook an ocean.
I'm hoping that the new entity that may take on the project will bring Tom back in to complete it.  The transaction will be a done deal by mid-summer, so we will know soon if Tom and his dozers will be moving dirt in Ga.
K.Hassell

Mike_Sweeney

Re:If anyone is still curious, an update on Harmony
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:18:59 PM »
Kent,

Thanks for the update.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 01:37:03 PM »
Thanks for the welcome update, Kent, and hope everything goes well for the Harmony Club.  That land around Lake Oconee is really beautiful.

Andy Doyle

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 03:00:02 PM »
Kent:

Thanks for the update.  I've played a number of other courses around that area, and when I heard about Harmony I was excited about the possibility of having a Doak-designed course in the neighborhood.

Good luck with the project and keep us posted on the progress.

Andy

ed_getka

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 03:09:19 PM »
Kent,
   Thanks for the update. Always happy to hear when projects are in the works, and to see how it evolves. Keep us posted when you have time.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back