News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Dugger

more Pacific Dunes images from April 4th
« on: May 08, 2006, 10:24:17 PM »
Hello all,

I was blessed to make another trip to Bandon Dunes this past April.  Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.  I tried getting some different angles from what we have all seen a million times before.  As usual, the course played awesome.  Another great trip!!!

1st tee

2nd tee

2nd green

3rd tee

Par 3 5th hole

view of 6th green from tippy top of the right side embankment (parred this hole both rounds)

7th greens complex, simply fantastic

10th green, zoomed way in

My best picture of #13 to date.  I want my ashes spread here when I pass.  Also, captured some of the Sheep Ranch in the background.

It's never good when you are looking for your ball in this direction on #13!

14th green.  Into the wind round one I hit 6 iron.  Two days later, wind still, hit PW to 20' and birdied!

15th from the tee

15th looking in towards the green

Looking back towards 17th green and future home of the 4th course from upper 18th tee.  

What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

John Kirk

Re:more Pacific Dunes images from April 4th
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 12:54:52 AM »
Way to go, Mike...as usual, great pictures.  What a pretty place.

Mark_Guiniven

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 08:43:13 AM »
Design and construction and turf look amazing, but as a New Zealander I just can't get my head around the gorse. When was it introduced to coastal Oregon? Are there native regeneration programs in place to eradicate it or is it tolerated?

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 08:48:18 AM »
The gorse in bloom is simply amazing...love the look!

Can't wait for July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tim Taylor

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 08:51:57 AM »
Mike, what kind of camera did you use to capture these images? That photo of the 5th with the clouds is unbelievable.

TimT

PThomas

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 10:00:44 AM »
nice job!

one of those places one never gets tired of looking at
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back