News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

wsmorrison

Re:Apache Stronghold Sunday 11/27
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 07:49:38 PM »
Because I know its coming...here's Matt's likely response:

"Listen hear pardna, get your nose out of Tom's ass then get off your couch and go see which is really the 22nd best course in North Dakota.  Only I can know because I am so great.  I should be the one man in America that rates courses because only I am worthy.  Unlike me you haven't seen 2069 courses so your opinion is worth jack shyte.  Repeat after me...Matt Ward is great, everybody else sucks."

Hey Matt, deflate your head a bit so you can sqeeze through the door and come in from the cold.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 07:52:30 PM by Wayne Morrison »

Matt_Ward

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005, 07:59:40 PM »
Wayne:

It's hard for me to believe the level of stupidity it takes to bash someone on their PERSONAL OPINION FROM NO LESS THAN THREE SEPARATE COURSE VISITS versus some Main Line guy who barks from the highest tree in his little "neck of the woods" and HAS NEVER PLAYED THE HOLE / COURSE.

Wayne -- I know it's tough to participate on threads that go beyond William Flynn and area courses you hold dear, but golf indeed goes on in other areas and before you bark about what I don't know with all the putdowns (let me note right now you are the one who went personal FIRST here) please feel free to trek to the San Carlos Reservation and play the course in question. Once you have I'll take the time to pay attention to your comments.

Look, Tom Doak is a highly accomplished architect, but his name is not Moses or some such other deity that the "chosen few" believe can NEVER ERR. I have opined on the course and made comments both positively and those subject to what I believe are areas for improvement -- the 17th being one of them.

In sum -- show some personal homework before telling me mine is all "fuqued up."  ;D

wsmorrison

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 08:35:48 PM »
"It's hard for me to believe the level of stupidity it takes to bash someone on their PERSONAL OPINION FROM NO LESS THAN THREE SEPARATE COURSE VISITS versus some Main Line guy who barks from the highest tree in his little "neck of the woods" and HAS NEVER PLAYED THE HOLE / COURSE."

Listen, you seem to regard anybody other than you as stupid.  You demonstrate that demented viewpoint on a consistant basis.  Your personal opinion is that Tom Doak did something inexcusable.  Well I don't think he's a friggin god or anything.  I think he is a cordial fellow and is a very talented man.  You on the other hand are not in any position to make the kind of comment you did because you don't have the faintest idea about golf architecture and how routing and puzzle pieces fall together and  you have no clue as to how much you don't know about the subject and that makes you foolish.

"Wayne -- I know it's tough to participate on threads that go beyond William Flynn and area courses you hold dear, but golf indeed goes on in other areas and before you bark about what I don't know with all the putdowns (let me note right now you are the one who went personal FIRST here) please feel free to trek to the San Carlos Reservation and play the course in question. Once you have I'll take the time to pay attention to your comments. "

You don't know what is tough for me and it seems to me you have already paid attention to my comment.  I don't have to go to Arizona to know what a stupid statement is.  Frankly, I have no interest at all in going to Arizona.  

You don't know what that hole means to the overall routing.  You yourself said that you can't figure out where the two holes needed to go if 17 and 18 were omitted.  That tells me that you are throwing out uniformed opinions.  Honestly, what the heck do you know about designing a golf course?  NOTHING.

There you go again with the Flynn compartmentalization and the my neck of the woods put down.  Get a new act, the one you have is tiresome.  

I admit I fired the first volley--it is obvious and doesn't need to be stated by you.  I promised myself I wouldn't respond to you and I slipped.  I'll try not to let it happen again.

Peace.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 08:38:47 PM by Wayne Morrison »

ed_getka

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 10:39:24 PM »
I am curious, can you make out #17 at all when the sun is going down? If you can make out an aiming point, just pretend you are playing the Dell hole at Lahinch.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back