News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Benham

California Coastal Records
« on: November 03, 2005, 12:34:17 PM »
It looks like the California Coastal Records project has recently updated photos (Oct 28th) along the NorCal coast.  The link below is to the 18th fairway at Pebble and the "new" bunker that was added and discussed.

Pebble Fairway

Stranz's MPCC Shore

MPCC Shore

Cypress Point and the angry sea ...

CPC

Usual copyright laws apply so I did not link directly to the photos.

Also note that if select on an individual image and load it, it is quite large, around 3.0mb.

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Robert Kimball

Re:California Coastal Records
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 01:38:13 PM »
Man, these pictures never cease to amaze me!! What detail. It looks like it was a pretty busy day at Cypress.   ::)

As detailed as the pictures are, I can't make out Huckaby leaning against the rail on 15.  :)

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 02:02:02 PM »
Re: Cypress Point

Have the two fairway bunkers between #1 & #14 been recently restored? I do not seem to remember them being there when I passed alongside the course a few years ago. I remember seeing some grassy depressions that were obviously original bunkers, that had long since been grassed over.

TK

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 02:04:44 PM »
Benham,
you temptress! You KNEW I wouldn't be able to resist a Topic title like that, didn't you!?!
Thanks though. Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy. Can I really hold on another 26 days without my Brain or Heart exploding?

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Brian Noser

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 05:02:20 PM »
http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/image.cgi?image=200404209&mode=sequential&flags=9&year=current

This web site is pretty cool. It is interesting to go up or down the coast and look at all of the open seaside land. This spot looks like a nice place for a course!

Mike Benham

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 05:28:26 PM »
Brian -

Actually, if you go a little farther south, this might be the piece of land that Tommy waxes poetically about ...

http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/image.cgi?image=200404235&mode=sequential&flags=9&year=current

Brian Noser

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 05:36:47 PM »
I noticed that one also, How bout a nice resort there. like Bandon. The one with the light house reminded me of the pictures I have seen of Old Head. A nice little 54 hole facility.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 09:16:54 PM »
Actually, if you go a little farther south, this might be the piece of land that Tommy waxes poetically about .

Miguel, So does Jackson Brown and James Cameron.... (both residents of Hollister Ranch where Cojo aka Point Conception is also known for being the Ranch's very own private beach! :)

Do you know how big the waves get there??

H-U-G-E!!!!!

The average summer break is like HUGE!

Mike Hendren

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 10:42:24 PM »
Thomas,

I envision you, Dick Dale, Dan King and Jeff Spicoli being the first group off the tee.

Double
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Mike Benham

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 10:46:30 PM »
Thomas,

I envision you, Dick Dale, Dan King and Jeff Spicoli being the first group off the tee.

Double

If it was a fivesome, Jack Johnson would be a good addition, guaranteeing a fabulous post-session jam session ...

Michael Hayes

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 04:08:32 PM »
This Site is truely amazing in that you can compare what these golf holes looked like in 1972 versus late 2004... a good example of this is MPCC 13/14 in '72 versus '04...

here is the link to the 2004 shot then click the 'time comparison' button to see what the hole looked like way back when...

http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/image.cgi?image=200508342&mode=sequential&flags=0&year=current

Michael Hayes
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 04:25:34 PM by Michael Hayes »
Bandonistas Unite!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back