News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Harris

Me too! Me too!
« on: June 30, 2005, 02:43:24 PM »
Okay, I must admit that Ive never played a Coore/Crenshaw course in my life, and after reading all the Sand Hills threads I am intrigued.

I know I have Hidden Creek down in AC, but are there any other C&C courses that this Philly boy can play?

PThomas

Re:Me too! Me too!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 02:44:33 PM »
Kyle --Talking Stick
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Robert Kimball

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 02:50:24 PM »
Depending on your travel budget, Cuscowilla in Georgia should definitely be on that list. We had a blast there last fall.  

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 02:51:21 PM »
Here's all of the C&C courses:

The Plantation Club, Kapalua (18 holes; opened 1991); Maui, Hawaii

Barton Creek Club (18 holes; opened 1991); Austin, Texas

Sand Hills Golf Club (18 holes; opened June 1995); Mullen, Nebraska

Klub Rimba Irian (18 holes; opened l996); Kuala Kencana, Indonesia

Cuscowilla Golf Club (18 holes; opened l997) Lake Oconee, Georgia

Talking Stick (36 holes; opened l997) Scottsdale, Arizona

The Warren Golf Course at The University of Notre Dame (l8 holes; opened 2000); South Bend, Indiana

East Hampton Golf Club (18 holes; opened 2000); East Hampton, New York

Austin Golf Club (18 holes; opened 2000); Austin, Texas

Chechessee Creek (18 holes; opened 2000); Spring Island, South

Friar's Head (18 holes; opened 2002); Long Island, New York

Hidden Creek (18 holes; opened 2002); Atlantic City, New Jersey

Old Sandwich (18 holes; opened 2004); Plymouth, Mass

Bandon Dunes #3 (18 holes; opening June, 2005); Bandon, Oregon

After Hidden Creek, the two on Long Island are the next closest.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 02:53:15 PM »
Sco... err... "Crooked Iron",

Thanks a bunch, my internet searches yeilded most of that list, but that's hardly comprehensive. Unfortunate that there isn't much more in the Philly area, but c'est la vie.

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 02:53:23 PM »
Kyle,
Not only is Cuscowilla public access, it's not much more than an hour southeast of the Atlanta airport if you are ever flying through and can parlay the trip.  Well worth the side trip if it is ever a possibility for you.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 02:55:46 PM »
Kyle,

This is much easier:

http://www.bencrenshaw.com/  and click on "Design".

Michael Moore

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 02:56:18 PM »
Thanks a bunch, my internet searches yeilded most of that list, but that's hardly comprehensive. Unfortunate that there isn't much more in the Philly area, but c'est la vie.

That list is comprehensive. Now get your ass over to Klub Rimba Irian . . .
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Kyle Harris

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 03:06:46 PM »
Hehe, I'll book my flight/junk trip.

I meant that to mean that my internet seach wasn't comprehensive. I figured the list was.  ;)

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 05:04:49 PM »
Kyle

When the new course at WeKoPa in AZ opens next year,there will be 3 C&Cs in the Scottsdale area to play. Those 3 plus Apache Stronghold should be an interesting trip. TS North is one of my favorite courses.

Steve
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

George Pazin

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 06:00:46 PM »
Find a way to play Hidden Creek, I'm certain you will enjoy it. Sorry we missed you at the outing.

If you want to pick me up on the way out to The Warren Course, I will pay for gas.... :)

Cuscowilla seems like your next best bet.

HC just felt different from the vast majority of modern courses that I've played. I'd also add, better, but I don't wish to be stereotyped as a C&C zealot.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

John Keenan

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 06:16:08 PM »
Nothing in California :-[
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

David Kelly

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 07:31:07 PM »
Nothing in California :-[

If not for three strategically placed California red-legged frogs we would be enjoying the Dos Pueblos Golf Links in Santa Barbara by now.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Don Herdrich

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 10:19:44 PM »
beg, borrow or steal to get up to Old Sandwich........

Bill_McBride

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 10:59:41 PM »
Cuscowilla is probably the most accessible at affordable rates.  The lodging/golf/caddy packages there are wonderful value for money opportunities, and the golf course never stops being interesting.  Challenging long par 4's, strategic short par 4's, a solid set of very different par 3's.  A truly incredible set of greens complexes, and a lot of ways to play every shot, including 50 yd putts.  Cuscowilla is a lot of fun and should not be missed.

I sound like the Chamber of Commerce.  ::)

But it's all true.

Brent Hutto

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 06:52:43 AM »
Kyle,

Everything the Chamber of Commerce says about Cuscowilla is true. So here's the deal. Pick a date, reserve yourself a cabin at Cuscowilla and I'll drive down I-20 and meet you for a couple rounds. It's not dirt cheap but on a fun-per-dollar basis the whole experience is as good as you're likely to find anywhere.

John Keenan

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 12:18:54 PM »
David

God save the red legged frog!

Seems a compromise could not have been worked out. Oh well
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back